• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Belt Routing

kassim503

Ive been thinking about installing a on board air system using a York compressor. I was planning on installing the compressor in the spot where the drivers side alternator goes. Mines been converted to 12v since way before I bought it, and cant really figure out how the belts quite go for that drivers side alt. On mine the rear most belt on the drive assy goes to the fan and passenger side alt, and the two front go to the fan and powersteeing pump. The pump seems to adjust up and down, and it dosent seem to do a very good job changing belt tension the way its set up currently.

On the factory setup, are one of the belts looped from the fan to alt to pump? Also, how does the PS pump adjustment tension the setup? Mine really seems to keep the same tension through the entire band.

4bogginchevys

the rear most belt on the steering pump pump goes crank/water/steering, it is the tough one to adjust, I loosened atleast 4 bolts and atleast 1 was only accesible from underneath....I basically loosened anything that could possibly pivot and used a long bar underneath the pump, worked out good, it got pinned on the inner fender with the bar. If I have to do it again i'll call a buddy to help. The center belt on the water pump goes water/drive alt/crank The front most belt on the water pump is water/crank/pass alt.

Good luck

hendrix256

hey man this really helped me but could you go into more detail on how you adjusted the power steering pump mine squeals really bad only when i press the break petal down i believe its the belt and pully not being tight i already noticed that i was missing a bolt from that mounting bracket but i found a sutiable replacement but its still too loose. any help would be great. thanks gents

scottladdy

Power steering belt tension adjusting tool

Thexton 383. Works great. Get them while they are still available. I keep one in each truck and have several spares.

ssdvc

Thexton 383. Works great. Get them while they are still available. I keep one in each truck and have several spares.
Where do you get this tool? Not available on the Thexton site. I have another, perhaps dumb question, but how is this tool used.

Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks