• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV blazer on seattle craigslist (not mine)

drewmech

OK so things came up and I can't pick up this CUCV right now. Figured someone else around here might want it. It is pretty clean.

Sale or Trade M1009 DESERT CUCV Military Diesel Blazer 4x4 w/ Trailer

known issues:

- the "glow plug ready light" doesn't work
- the trailer doesn't actually have a title right now
- the spedometer is off by 20mph. he says it's off by 20 no matter how fast you're going
- it has charging problems

Thats all I about it this isn't my truck it isn't even someone I know's truck. Just throwing it out there for who ever might be intrested.

niferous

I wonder how he knows the truck participated in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Good looking M1009 though. Not too crazy about the semi-gloss paint though.

drewmech

The paint scheme and color I don't like much either but OD green is easy enough to spray over it. As for the operations it has seen I wrote it off as a "sounds good on craigslist" kinda thing.

niferous

I guess one thing I can say about the paint scheme is that it wouldn't stand out as much as a flat OD green truck. Of course I think it would be just as easy to paint it flat beige. Also if he wasn't wanting a total military look I'm wondering why he still but the "US ARMY etc etc" on the side. But hey I think the whole thing is a nice rig but I don't think I would give him $5500 for it either.

drewmech

Yeah the paint is off and he wasn't real clear on what else was needed to get a title for the trailer. For 5500 the truck would have to be better mechanically. I was going to try to talk him down a bit till the father in law had some medical emergancies. So no MV's for me for alittle bit.

niferous

It's just a copy of the bumper they use on cop cars. I actually like it but think to truly be effective it needs to be mounted lower down on the bumper. This way it has more support from the actual bumper where it ties into the frame and also can snug up against another cars bumper.

Bobert

I saw this one, most others on CL were $2-3000. There was a M1010 for $3000 in Kansas I think. I'd sell you my green one for $5000, and it's half the distance! :-D Mine is a bit uglier though.

You can search all the craigslist sites at once on www.crazedlist.org using firefox.

drewmech

WOW...You were going Maine to Washington to get this.............
Na I'm in the Navy and transitioning from Brunswick Maine to Oak Harbor Washington. Wifes family lives near Seattle. So if I find something in Washington I can have someone go take alook at it, take additional pictures, etc... and I can store it at the in-laws until I actually transfer. As for that M1008 I do want one. I will be driving cross country but I don't think my civie truck will pull that thing with out killing it.

choll

I looked at that truck when GL had them for sale at FT Lewis. Most went very high. The paint is because it was used by civilian employees of the Army. Lonny at FT Lewis said they had been around for 5 years or so. Between the 1008's and 1009's there were about 50 of them and then another 10-15 2 months later. Most were in REALLY good shape so good I don't think they saw a combat zone, nothing I drove look like that.

kurtkds

I was over there yesterday and your right.. The GL lot was a ghost town. I looks like most of the activity there right now is on the scrap side.

There was a couple of ads on CL over the last couple of weeks for CUCV's down in the Olympia area that were going for less than the one in this post.