• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Brand New Starters for Sale!

Mike_Pop

I know, I know...post this in the classifieds. However, I can get a hold of a bunch of BRAND NEW, starters for the CUCV. They are 24 volt, BRAND NEW, still in the box.

Let me know ASAP before they are gone!!!

$150 plus shipping from 08518, 20 lbs each.

Attachments

1stDeuce

Hahahaha... I bought a starter off ebay for my 6.5L that was advertised as "Brand NEW STARTER". Mine came in the exact same box, marked NEW STARTER. At the time, I remember laughing at the fact that rather than "brand new starter" I should have read that the brand of starter was "NEW STARTER".

Probably a china reman...

For what it's worth, that was several years and a LOT of starts ago, and she's still cranking over just fine. I'd buy another, except that they made my first one too well. :)
C

jj

I'm in for two. I just broke the drive gear in my less than 14-month old non gear reduction 24 volt starter. Two, plus the shipping is still less than i paid for that thing, in July or August of 2007. At an independent rebuild shop i,ve dealt with for 30 years. Where do i send the check? And any idea on the shipping cost to 19530?

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gear reduction type starter uses a different support bracket, don't forget to replace it as well or you run the risk of a cracked block or starter damage.