• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Build... Here We Go Again...

BIG_RED

Most amazing build I have ever seen.. Even better than on tv. WOW. That's all I have to say. I wish to do HALF of this one day. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Covered in Post #38

Well the color is dead on... The paint is Sherwin Williams Genius line of automotive paint (urethane). If you ever want to use it expect about a weeks wait for a store to get it in… It’s a flat "hotrod" base mixed to the CARC 383 Green color... After all the work I did on the deuce and the money I spent, that was the first and LAST time I waste my money on a Mil type paint... Less than 2 years later and its already in need of repainting and that was wth spending the cash on hardner and flatening agent to get the finish right!

More sandblasting in process... The driver’s side is done and primed... Passenger side is getting there (**** that’s a slow process)... The rest of the sheet metal will come off soon to be blasted but I’m trying to keep the truck running as long as I can as working late alone makes for moving a dead truck very difficult...

The tailgate in the pic... Sand blasted... Epoxy primed inside and out... Body work, and sheet metal replacement done (8 hours worth) Inside undercoated... Insulation applied to outer skin for heat and noise and now finally paint! Pretty much everything is getting done this way.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I rode in this truck this morning for the first time in 3 years. It's wicked fast and the turbo spooling sound is quite evident for a 6.5!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, it's still not done. After 2 years of delays and re-reengineering, I think it's finally going to make its debut at the Florida Rally Feb 17th.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SITREP Maiden Voyage

Well, the Oh-9 is making it's maiden voyage tonight. Truthfully it's nearly over. Mike headed up to the FL Rally site earlier. He is reporting that despite the 2200 RPM at 90MPH, the EGTs start rising above that speed. Boost is moderate. Power at any speed is not an issue. He feels that he might be asking a bit much of the thing to do all that work at the lower end of the powerband. I have a set of axles here with 3.42 gears and we will probably give them a try. I think the 2 yr delay is going to be worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks