• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV camo pattern

davesbf

I have copies of TB 43-0209 covering M1009 original paint scheme and the newer repaint pattern plus the matching 2 page article that goes with it.i would gladdly make copies and send for the postage fee $1.00.;-)

majortom

cucv carc

The pattern and color i paint our cucv is the wooland 383 carc system as appled by chevrolet. It is correct as i have at least 75 orig. finish cucv,s. all other patterns and colors are unit applied. there are many variations, dut only woodland 383 carc came from GM

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 2cents...

There were two patterns for most vehicles using the 383 scheme.

The early pattern is in the left diagram posted by Militaryguy.

The pattern was later refined to the "wiggly line" style and more precise amount of area covered by each colour (45% green, 45% black, 10% brown) as in the pattern posted on the right.

Thus, if you were repainting just a section of a vehicle wearing the 'old' pattern, you would use that one. However, if you were repainting the entire vehicle, you would bring it up to the 'new' standard.

Some vehicles, like the M151, were being phased out before the new pattern came about, so they didn't get one drawn up for them.

Cheers

Wild Horse Hans

The ones we had in Honduras in the late 80s were not camo at all. They were painted in civlilian colors. The one I had was all silver and we had a red one with a black top and a blue one with a white top. We were told that they would not stand out as much that way. Of course they left the ant. mounts, brush guards, blackout lights and tiedown rings on. We blended right in with the little Toyota pickups and Land Crusiers the locals used!:p
Sometimes the military is dumb as a box of rocks.
The other units that had camo ones were not of any real pattern as they got beat up pretty bad down there and with all the repairs and touch up paint jobs, they ended up with a lot of spray bomb patterns just to cover the repairs.

Last edited:

bambambam22

Perfect Militaryguy THANKS that is exactly what I needed, Can you tell me where to get the colors for the numbers for Desert camo? Or Photos the links you posted will not open I got the drawings with the Numbers in the paint areas but no colors to match the numbers.

What is everyone’s opinion as to 3 or 4 color Desert Camo for the Texas Panhandle? We are flat and dry and our trees grow with about a 15 degree lean to the north due to the constant south wind we have. Virtually no shrubbery other than mesquite trees and tumble weeds. AS far as I can tell the 4 color has just basically added the small thin black sections. Would that even be pertinent on a Desert camo or would it just be a darker tan or light brown there in place of the black. This is for a hunting rig so any advice is welcome.

I have painted many Deuces and Five tons but they were all mine and this Bronco is a customers and I can not experiment on it.

Hay can anyone tell me where it is in my profile that I add the trucks or a short quote that shows up at the bottom when I post a message? I can not find where to enter that info to where it shows up when I post a message.

bshupe

The second photo tan color doesnt even match the other camo colors in the background of the same photo. Someone must have improvised or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks