• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Cold Weather Kit

Armada

I've got a patial cold weather kit for my 1009. I am just running the coolant heater. The control box runs the coolant heater and a heater for the batteries. I have the harness for the coolant heater but the manual shows the power connections are branched from the harness that goes to the battery heater.
Do you guys know of anyone that sells or has the individual components to these kits? There are a couple other smaller pieces/parts I need to get too like fuel lines, maybe even the boxes for the batteries. Thanks

mangus580

Armada, check with Hot Rod Deuce, he had purchased a bunch of them for using in a NonCUCV application.

Also, it may not branch quite like you think it does. there are wires that run between the heaters, but I think that is to trigger the fuel pump to run from each heater. I think the power supply is independent of the heaters. If you have the wires to plug in the control box, I think you have the power wires.

I will try to look at mine and see.

hot rod deuce

YO! i got everything you need! battery boxes and all. They are right and wrong all at the same time. Yes the "air heater" i will call it (it heates batteries or cab) draws the power BUT all you gota do is get power and ground to the two wires that come out between the two plugs on the controle box. I am running just water heaters on some starting units, all i use is the one harness. Do you want and air heater to go with the other one? i have all parts and brackets!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks