• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV COLOR

Alredneck

Banned
Ahh man what about all the various paint schemes used in trainining stations (OPFOR vehicles multi color desert ), plus normal duty vehicles on base for various jobs ( blue airforce trucks ), then you got them used in the combat support role ( the 3 colors above ). The civy colors were sprayed when the vehicles went to state service ( green, forest service, white & yellow, fire dept ).

nick55

some places over seas military vehicles werent allowed off base, i have rattle canned a few 09's before to go around town in

Alredneck

Banned
Between Military, Federal, and State services, there are a slew of options out there. Is there a particular color you are trying to figure out where it came from? Also if you are just trying to get ideas to paint your truck then dont forget all of the historic schemes in the last odd 60 something years that have been painted on various vehicles.

TOBEXA

here is a black and white........i like the white one that was on GL yesterday, with a tire on the front grill. so white is NATO?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
A lot of these are post service use (red, white, yellow, black/white, etc). Exception is the OPFOR vehicles used at NTC, JRTC, and other places that can be just about any color you can imagine. The black & white one on GL could be one of these OPFOR vehicles.

tmbrwolf

They were originally issued in the 3 color NATO pattern, forest green, black, earth brown. In the army many were repainted by units depending on mission requiremsnts, for instance units assigned a middle east mission would have repainted them sand, EOD usually painted their fenders red, units in Alaska may have repainted then white ect. Once they left active service it's anybodys guess I know under the USDA Forest Service FEPP program, they can be any color BUT military colors.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
jasonjc said:
TOBEXA said:
here is a black and white........i like the white one that was on GL yesterday, with a tire on the front grill. so white is NATO?
UN peace keeping ( i think)
It ain't UN, it's gotta be a player vehicle for exercises that acts as OPFOR or a neutral or even a friendly. UN vehicles are all white with the only thing black being the U and the N. Only exception is some nations (like the US) opt to keep their combat vehicle camo and paint a white U and N or name of the mission such as UNPROFOR and others. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Elwenil

I Googled the letters on the bumper and it comes up several times as a Army Aviation Support Facility in St. Paul. I also came up with several references to that being a National Guard post on the grounds of an airport, so I would assume it is some sort of MP or security vehicle and was painted similar to a cop car for easy ID.

I agree with the posts above about the available colors at manufacture but there are a lot of reasons out there for different colors to show up even if it's not strictly a military regulation color or pattern. That doesn't mean that people can paint their MVs any color they want a claim it's original or authentic in some way though. I think most of us would look at a MV that is a non-standard color or pattern as just being a civilian owner paint job.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks,

The only ORIGINAL colors that I have ever seen a M1009 in is OD Green and Camo. Unless someone can show me one that was even in sand/tan as the ORIGINAL color (not repainted for desert storm), I think those are the only two choices.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Folks,

The only ORIGINAL colors that I have ever seen a M1009 in is OD Green and 3 colar camo. Unless someone can show me one that was even in sand/tan as the ORIGINAL color (not repainted for desert storm), I think those are the only two choices.

What units did after they got the vehicles is up to the commander. The commander still was to abid by army regulations and that would have allowed green, 3 color camo, sand, and white. Everything else would be an exception to policy to incude use at training centers as OPFOR/neutrals vehicles or airfield use. I remeber seeing a photo of a WWII jeep painted yellow for airfield use in England. I seriously doubt it came from the factory this way. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: