• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Convoy Light?

ojsdna744

Anyone of you "more talented" members have any pictures of what kind of light the military used for convoy duty on the CUCVs?? I don't ever remember noticing any, other than the magnetic type. ('course, I was USAF) Can someone hit me with a picture of what a real convoy light looked like on a M1009 or M1008? Thanks much, I want to buy something that's at least close to what they looked like. :roll:

(I've got a magnetic one for the ECC already however, stole it fair and square off my dealership plow-truck!) :lol:

Armada

Here is a not so good picture showing the USGI one that came on my cucv. They are usually 12-24v. Got another one in the garage that's going on my other 1009. I'll find out who the manufacturer is and any other info on it.

Attachments

acetomatoco

Most Convoy Warning lights for the CUCV were purchased on the local economy as there were no kits for them...The Deuce, 5 ton and 10 ton kit for cab mount was the only kit I have seen purpose purchased for a particular vehicle... I still have one of them for sale new in box... $175... 80 lbs.. and a giant box... ACE

Armada

For mounting puposes, if you didn't want to drill through your topper to mount the light, I've also seen them mounted on a post that is cab heigth and attached to the antennae mounting bracket. This way, you can also run the wiring through the grommet in the topper.

ojsdna744

acetomatoco said:
Most Convoy Warning lights for the CUCV were purchased on the local economy as there were no kits for them...The Deuce, 5 ton and 10 ton kit for cab mount was the only kit I have seen
Maybe that's why I had seen different set-ups! :roll:

Thanks Paul for checking your light out for me. I'll probably just drill holes. I wanted to see if all of them had that set-up, but looks like that's the route I'll go. Since there's a decent chance we'll be in parades together, I'll try to get the same set-up you have. :lol:

rizzo

paul is that the 1009 your selling? looks sharp!

I needed a light today. I'm glad I read this. I think I will go buy the magnteic kind