• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv Correct Gauge Cluster Ribbon/Printed Circuit

LastFbody

So I've been chasing misc electrical issues in my m1009, the most obnoxious of which was the speedometer not illuminating at night. Took the dash apart and figured that part of it out, but after replacing bulbs and reassembly the oil pressure light (above gen 2) and the right turn signal light stopped working (turn signal still works outside) There is also one bulb on the illumination circuit that works half the time. This is all after gently cleaning terminals the best i could and dielectric grease. I don't feel brave enough to dink around with it any more than I already have, that stuff is like glass butterfly wings.

I'd like to replace the ribbon circuit on the back of the cluster, but I don't know what model would work. My assumption is the civvy circuit that mentions warning lights in the description is the one I need, but I don't know that for sure. :/

Has anyone else ever replaced this piece before?

Last edited:

cucvrus

Yes I have replaced it. The best replacement was with a civilian one with the idiot lights. But LMC does make the printed circuit board and it is about $100. I found several at YOUPULLIT's but they are far and few. I would still be wiling to guess you could repair the current one you have with a little cleaning and tweaking on the bulbs and connections. I only replaced the ones that were in private ownership and someone hacked a set of gauges into the left side. And also a few that the circuit ribbon was peeling off at the main connection. I use a small piece of 600 grit sand paper and a test lamp while the cluster is still wired fast and reassemble it from the front while it is hooked into the truck. Worked wonders and made finding the problems easier then completely removing it in and out every time. Get everything working and then reassemble the entire cluster only when you do have complete operation. Good Luck. Happy Holidays. Report back your findings. Pictures of problem areas can be good.indexgrinch smiling..jpg

LastFbody

Yeah the stuff isn't cheap unfortunately. Didn't see anything on lmc truck, but I did see new printed circuits elsewhere for $70.

The sense I got when I had mine apart was that it had been taken apart and reassembled several times before I ever got into to it. The contacts where the main power goes in were almost all lifting off of the plastic and bending, and the contacts around the bulbs were pretty bent out of shape and dirty even after cleaning. The whole thing isn't exactly confidence inspiring, especially whether or not the alternators work depends on the gen 1 and 2 lights receiving power. Think it's time to bite the bullet and spend some money.

Thanks for the advice. Wish you happy holidays as well!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the CUCV Helpful Threads sticky. There are a few threads covering the instrument cluster

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks