• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV dealers?

TNDad

I believe I have settled on what I want for a first MV. I like the M1028, mainly for the 2H ability for road use. My problem is that not being a mechanic and never owning a diesel in my life I am concerned about buying direct from GL.

My question is, are there any reputable dealers in road ready CUCV's particularly in the SouthEast? My Google-Fu does not appear to be strong enough to locate one.

Thanks guys.

droz

i've been looking into this too, so far i haven't found a ton of places.

i see them scattered about on ebay (rarely) and a few on craigslist. and ive seen a few of the vendors that have links at the top of this site have CUCV's. there is also the classifieds on this site.

I am also hoping to get a truck outside of the GL as i want one that is running and i know im not going to have to work on immediately after purchase.

this will be my first diesel vehicle but I am have been reading alot of good info on this site that has helped me learn a good bit about these vehicles

AJMBLAZER

Don't buy one from Alfa Heaven. Do a search for "Alfa" and you'll see my and several other members problems with them in the past.

Also, I started to look for a diesel K5 or M1009 yesterday and I just put a request here and on Colorado K5 - Full-Size GM 4x4 Restoration and Off Road Community and I've gotten 10+ offers already. I'm actually negotiating on one right now. Dealers tend to overcharge in my experience.
I could have bought my truck with worse paint for less than half what I paid for mine.:|

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M1008 that will be slick when I an through with it has seats and new bed cover have to take the dents out that were put in with fork lift I own a body shop in Rockmart Ga. 20 miles south of Rome Ga. Runs great and tires look like new. I can paint it any color you want green or 3 color camo

monkeythumbs

You could try Ted's Trucks 'n Stuff in Alabama, they selll parts and running trucks, I've noticed their adds in Military Vechicles Magazine. Actually I just glanced at the add for them and they didn't have any CUCV's listed , but that doesn't mean they don't have a few, their phone number is 334-983-1092. There an add for Jim Henry in the issue I'm looking at that has trucks from 4K and up, his number is 704-983-5940. Good luck and I hope you can find what you want.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can almost guarantee that Henry has CUCVs. My money would be on Ted Hils having them too!

droz

thanks for the info. I found a few local recently that I am gonna go check out and if nothing pans out there I'm definately gonna be making some calls. I've got the MV bug and CUCV is gonna be the best place for me to start as I'm very familiar with the old chevy trucks, but kinda new to diesels but the 6.2 seems to be rather easy to get used to

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks