• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Electric GP card Backup Plan?

nyoffroad

$85 for a new card from antennaclimber??? Why mess around with push buttons? 85 bucks delivered to your door, thats cheap! I should've checked around here when I needed one instead I got fleeced on flebay.

TexAndy

Yeah, as opposed to blindly soldering in a few recommenced components, which may, or may not, fix your problem.
It's 3 components that fix 90% of everyone's problem. $2 in components and maybe 20 minutes of soldering/desoldering.

20 minutes and 2 dollars of risk with a 90% chance of saving 83 dollars? That's a good bet in my book.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

The person who designed it did not have instructions. You act like this is rocket science.

The person (or team, more likely) who designed it had an education and probably a few years of experience at doing similar things. For people who don't know a Coulomb from a kilowatt, it might as well be rocket science. You don't know what you don't know.

As mentioned, for two bucks it might be worth a shot, because you might get lucky, but it's still working blindly.

dstang97

Anyone want to donate some burnt cards to me? I still have parts from the supplier that sent them to me for free and 15 minutes.

donalloy1

Don, I think it's out of most people's comfort zone!

And I strongly suspect it's out of the competence zone of not a few people who think it's in their comfort zone.

It's one thing to replace an obviously fried component. It's quite another to figure out what's going on when that fried component turns out to be a symptom, instead of a cause.
Your words of wisdom are outstanding in my humble opinion.

Now if I could just understand why I had such a series of components go south on me! I may never be able to find the exact cause?

Pretty fluant with the Charging Circuit! Time for me to really get a sound understanding of Starting Circuit. I hate just replacing parts till you get somewhere. That is what I feel I have done this time around. Still not confidant that I really solved root problem. More on that later. Time to put Nose in TM's! DMLII sends respectfully

Last edited:

donalloy1

Also the card takes a dump due to bad glow plugs and or a bad relay. I change my plugs and relay out every other year.
For 60 bucks it's worth it.
Is that nature of Beast? I suppose so. Something tells me there is more to this than GPR and GP's getting tired.

donalloy1

Anyone want to donate some burnt cards to me? I still have parts from the supplier that sent them to me for free and 15 minutes.
Please PM me with your information. Would be happy to send you what I replaced. Especially if you can tell us what went south and why it happened. Any theory would be greatly appreciated!

I have a sneaky feeling that when it gets wet out. Which is now for us Californians thank the lord. My ground bond continuity for Starting Circuit becomes poor? Searching for Casper!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks