• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

det45

Does anybody have the phone number for CUCV Electric?

I have a problem with an order and they are not replying to my e-mails. Their web site does not list a phone number that I can find.

Any help with a phone number would be much appriciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will call John today and let him know about this thread.

det45

How much time has it been since you emails them?

Review this thread, you can contact CUCV Electric here on SS.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/87976-cucv-electric-com-out-business-vacation-non-responsive.html
The first unanswered e-mail was over a month ago.

I will call John today and let him know about this thread.
Thanks, hopefully he will contact me and we can get this squared away.

When you order, you get the phone number? I did. I ordered Friday night 10/26 and he had it shipped Saturday 10/27.
Never received order, so no receipt with order.

Look on your Paypal recipe, the phone number is on there.
I looked on the PayPal receipt and there is a Receipt Number, but no phone number.

Thanks for all the responses, hopefuly John will contact me so we can get this taken care of.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure he will, as said before, he is a stand up guy. I know he's had some issues with his storefront in the past and USPS issues, so maybe he just never received the order or e-mails???? I'm sure you guys will get it taken care of.

I have no doubt that he is an upstanding guy, but I've sent multiple e-mails to them (both addresses) and even a pm here and haven't heard peep. I'm talking over a month. Actually, from September 6th.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with CUCV Electric today and I mentioned this thread.

He did say he has issues with Internet in his area.

I'd expect a reply fairly soon.

scottladdy

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty communicating. I placed an order about two weeks ago, and as things happen, there was a small error in the inventory I received (short one kit). I emailed John at the CUCVGuy email and he responded very promptly. I had the missing parts within 2 business days. Really great service based on my experience. Parts seem to be top notch and working. Can't speak to longevity yet but I expect they will be fine.

A few suggestions if you don't mind, and apologies if this is SOP for you:

1) I always send email regarding financial transactions with a return receipt. If possible and it is something that warrants it, I will also put a delivery receipt on the emails. This way, I know if and when the email has been read/delivered. (We affectionately call this an email "tracer" at our house)

2) Check to see if the transaction posted. Did the charge hit your credit card? If not, you can also check with PayPal to see if the order went through.

FWIW, The PayPal receipt I received has his phone number right on it, under the "Paid to" section.

I would not hesitate to order from John again (and will probably do so by the weekend).

Best of luck.

det45

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty communicating. I placed an order about two weeks ago, and as things happen, there was a small error in the inventory I received (short one kit). I emailed John at the CUCVGuy email and he responded very promptly. I had the missing parts within 2 business days. Really great service based on my experience. Parts seem to be top notch and working. Can't speak to longevity yet but I expect they will be fine.

A few suggestions if you don't mind, and apologies if this is SOP for you:

1) I always send email regarding financial transactions with a return receipt. If possible and it is something that warrants it, I will also put a delivery receipt on the emails. This way, I know if and when the email has been read/delivered. (We affectionately call this an email "tracer" at our house)

2) Check to see if the transaction posted. Did the charge hit your credit card? If not, you can also check with PayPal to see if the order went through.

FWIW, The PayPal receipt I received has his phone number right on it, under the "Paid to" section.

I would not hesitate to order from John again (and will probably do so by the weekend).

Best of luck.

The charge hit my Credit Card a long time ago.

The payment e-mail that I got from PayPal does not have a phone number under "Merchant Information" But I will check Paypals web site and see if my account info has any additonal info.

This transaction happened months ago, and I got a tracking number e-mailed right away. For some reason, USPS returned the shipment to CUCV Electric without trying to deliver it. I e-mailed John and arranged to have it shipped to another address. Sent him an e-mail with the secondary address, but never received a tracking e-mail. Have tried to contact him several times since and no reply.

Whitfield

I spoke with CUCV Electric today and I mentioned this thread.

He did say he has issues with Internet in his area.

I'd expect a reply fairly soon.

EEEkkkk! I placed my order yesterday just prior to this thread... Got my receipt thru PayPal but no confirmation. Looks like I might should give them a call.

det45

John e-mailed me this morning and explained that he had sent the order some time ago. It seems to have fallen into the USPS black hole, so he is going to ship another one.

Thanks to everyone for the replys, suggestions, and assistance!

harmon

The phone number on my recipt is (330) 231-4800, but it is a full mailbox. I have been waiting since November 14 for parts that are in stock and verified by a prior email. After close to ten emails I finally got a response from pay pay stating it was shipped and another for a refund. Don't know what is going on and they won't respond

m38inmaine

I placed an order Saturday and I received an email that my order was shipped today, always have received quick service from them.

det45

I received my order shortly after my last post.

A couple of weeks later, I also placed an order with them for a set of GPs. I received them within a few days of placing the order.

1stSarge

I think my emails must be going into Derricks spam folder.

Here is the latest, re-sent this morning;

Hi Derrick,

I received the package back over the weekend.

When the order came trough it was halted by PayPal, with a
notification of “Transaction Under Review”

When this happens, it typically takes anywhere from 24 hours to 10
days for the order to clear. During this time, I cannot do anything
with the order.

After a few days what I typically do is go ahead and ship anyhow. I
cannot do it though PayPal as they are holding the funds, and wont
allow anything to be done with the order, so I just do it through the
Post Office Manually.

This is what I did with your order, PayPal did not clear the funds
until after I shipped it.

At some point it was returned without explanation. Sometimes this
happens and I just re-ship it. That costs me anther shipping charge
but it usually works.

It is very important to me that customers are happy, even when they
know something goes wrong that is not our fault, so here is what I am
going to do; I am refunding the entire original purchase price
including shipping, and re-shipping the entire order.

I apologize for the delay, and I hope this clears it up for you.

Thank you

---John
This has been my practice for quite a while now. If PayPal wants to investigate a transaction due to something they think is suspicious, I will wait for a while, then most likely ship anyhow, even if I have the warning from PayPal “The sender of this payment is Unverified” as in this case.

This is the first time I have had to refund because of the delay.

MarcusOReallyus

I think my emails must be going into Derricks spam folder.

That happens a lot. A year ago I was trying to buy a Jeep from a Craigslist ad. Never got a reponse. Watched the ad posted new every week for quite a while, and they kept dropping the price. I guess nobody was responding to the ad! :D

I finally changed the subject line that CL automatically inserts, and got a response. Ended up buying it for WAY less than the original posted price. So spam filters can be a GOOD thing! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks