• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Engine harness question

48cj2a

Swapped 6.2s with a J code Civy Crew Cab, any reason I can't fire this up with the civilian engine harness connected to the CUCV firewall dash harness and now 12v starting system?

I would like to get this running and know its right before the adventure in swapping the dash harnesses to gain factory gauges.

What is the connection on the passenger side firewall power terminals that connects the Pos and Neg for?

48cj2a

Got everything ready to give it a test fire today...hooked the engine plug to CUCV harness and got dash lights and buzzer but not iginition.

I pulled it loose and went and grabbed the donor harness, a tilt column I got at a pick n pull, layed it across the brush guard and drivers tire, ran a temp ground, hooked up the cluster and harness for what I think is the glow plug circuit plug for the civy dash. Engine is turning over now, but not hearing the glow plug relay clicking, and of course not starting. The glow plug light (I think) did cycle and another lamp is staying on.

Any ideas?

48cj2a

Ran a separate power wire to the civy glow plug harness and it finally started after clearingthe air and getting good fuel to the injectors.

southdave

its is the same harness for civy as it for cucv as far as engine harness. the difference in in the headlight and the charging system and the starting system is what I have seen , I maybe wrong... I to swaped my motor out for civy model motor nothing funky about it other than swaping sending units out, cause of the connectors...

Last edited:

48cj2a

Anyone have an extra CUCV interior harness? Really only interested in the head lamp switch w/ B/O lamp switch wiring and the fuse box. There is also a connector running to brake lamps switch so it can be somewhat butchered.

ryan77

The whole dash harness is different ive had to switch out several due to butchering!! I would buy a engine harness and a dash one, Its easy to switch just time consuming!!!

48cj2a

I swapped in a Civy harness from a diesel donor vehicle to get gauges, intermittent wipers, washer pump in the reservoir and a few other creature comforts and now I'm trying to install the B/O lamp circuit to the factory harness without any splicing and bubba'n the wiring.

Truck is starting and running great...I have the wiring diagrams and need the complete wiring for this to ensure I get it right...no horn, brake, headlamps etc in B/O override.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks