• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV for the ladies

EnteJager

Found this one on GL

Missed the part about posting an auction and linked the pic, got deleted.:roll:

You know how to find the pics, its not a photo shop.:grin:

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the story behind that one. :?
There's a bunch of them at one location with 2 red(pink) ones and a couple of white ones. Several of them say they've been reconditioned so I'm thinking they were at an overhaul site when the word came down to dump them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Actually the vehicle, like many painted in weird colors, was a training vehicle. These were operated by the OPFOR and/or by the COB's (civilians on the battlefield) players.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be faded primer. It matches the M1008 that was in my yard until a few days ago. Came from AL where everything is a little off.

EnteJager

Actually it is a proto type, Obama wants to expolre new camo for his plans
to grant full open membership of gays in the military.

This particular paint scheme was to be adapted for operations in San Francisco.

GreenBull

Haha that's an SAS 'Pinky' Land Rover from WW2, they used them in the North African desert, among other places. Very capable 4x4's!
Actualy they were used in the Dhofar region of Oman in the '60s. I was told that it works ok at twilight and dusk. In daylight it depends on the sand color. It's amazing how many colors of sand there are. Overall no more effective than sand tan though.

Along with the above I learned that the middle of nowhere is either about half way between Hayma and Salalah or a little further north up in the Rub' al Khali. You can get a nice biryani in Hayma (when you get the plate of food with no tools just ask for a spoon, they have them).