• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Fuel cap?

scottladdy

Does anyone know who carries or has a CUCV Fuel cap available for sale? Im adding a seond and third tank and would like to run the same type cap. Thanks.
I went the other way, added Civilian lockable caps on civilian filler necks. Diesel is too expensive here what with all our contributions to the state built in to the price not to have them locked up.

This also makes it a wee bit harder for someone to put gasoline in, as the new caps are that great green color that matches the pump handle.

I also don't have a need for the "full sized" filler neck.

And to answer your original inquiry, I know of no sources for the original style filler aside from some of the scrappers that handle CUCV's.

Hope this helps ...

richingalveston

second the civy filler neck with locking cap, adjustments may need to be made, if it came from a gasser like my 87 suburban the hole is not large enough for the diesel pumps, I had to make mine a little larger.
The best thing about the civy neck is you can stick nozzle in and it locks, on my original cucv neck I had to hold the pump handle in the hole all of the time because it would fall out easy.

WARWAG

Thanks everyone. I spent a bunch of ours searching last night. No luck. But for those of you who do have a military cap you can sell it on EBay for a good profit. I'm not restoring a cucv to museum quality so i really don't need the extra large opening. I just thought it would be cool to have matching ones. But now that i see they are pretty rare i decided to let those who really need one get one from you guys. A civi model will work just fine for me. For those of you who pmed me thanks. I believe Stonepicker1 is looking for a mil spec cap that he is missing.

Stonepicker1

Thanks everyone. I spent a bunch of ours searching last night. No luck. But for those of you who do have a military cap you can sell it on EBay for a good profit. I'm not restoring a cucv to museum quality so i really don't need the extra large opening. I just thought it would be cool to have matching ones. But now that i see they are pretty rare i decided to let those who really need one get one from you guys. A civi model will work just fine for me. For those of you who pmed me thanks. I believe Stonepicker1 is looking for a mil spec cap that he is missing.
I'm not looking for one for myself. I was just trying to see if anyone out there had one. There are a few SS members looking for one.

scottladdy

... adjustments may need to be made, if it came from a gasser like my 87 suburban the hole is not large enough for the diesel pumps, I had to make mine a little larger.
That is true if you get a neck intended for a vehicle running on unleaded gasoline. The nozzles were made intentionally smaller to prevent leaded gasoline from being added to the tanks. The tetra ethyl lead compound will destroy a catalytic converter in short order.

The diesel, to my knowledge, is the same diameter as the leaded gasoline nozzle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks