• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Gauge Replacement Write-up Suggestions?

redwolf3

Hey Guys-
I am actually about 90% of the way through making some modifications to the gauge panel on my M1009. I am replacing the dummy lights with gauges (well, one of them anyways). I am planning to do a write up on my conversion which includes a fair number of pictures (I've snapped about 80 so far, but I'm sure only 10 - 20 of those will make it into the final write-up.

While I still have it torn apart, I'm curious if there are any pictures or parts to this write-up that people would like taken. Here is a list of what has been done so far:

- Added an Autometer 2 1/16" Voltmeter into the "Gen 1" dummy light location, attempting to make it look as factory as possible while maintaining ease of site of the gauge.
- Relocated the "Gen 1" dummy light to the "Gen 2" dummy light location (since I don't have a Gen 2 anymore).
- Added a simple aftermarket gauge wiring harness with a simple plug for ease of removal of the dash panel later.
- Added provisions for additional gauges and signals in the harness for later use.
- Pictures of which lines to tap for +12v remote and Dimmer Light power.

If there is anything else you guys are interested in, I'm all ears. Once I have gotten all the pictures snapped, and made sure that everything is kosher in the M1009, I will start on the write-up, so look for that in a few weeks as well.

Thanks.

redwolf3

Not a problem CCATLETT1984, I've gotten plenty of pictures of which wires to tap. I will try and get a couple of more just to make sure I got them clearly enough for you though ;)

BKinzey

Well, you are already swapping meters but I have heard a mid '80s Medium Duty Truck dash is the same cluster. Has a 5,000 RPM tach and an air guage. Might be worth looking into for just the tach.

CCATLETT1984

as far as the tach goes a simple circuit an be made to use the ESS signal from a vac pump from a california truck. you just bolt the other vaccuum pump in, run a few wires and you can use ANY gasoline tach that you want.