• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV GEN2 wiring Gremlin on 1986 M1008..assistance needed!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Properly operation alternators put out ~14.8v so your 29.8v is just a hair over. Should be fine.

Last edited:

glimmertwin01

well I believe i am truly cursed... updated the starter relay (doghead upgrade) only to find 10.3 V on the purple wire at the starter solenoid. so I go to check and clean/ or replace the purple feed in the bulkhead connector. only to have the bolt holding it together snap off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so now i cannot get it apart grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So i ran a new 14ga lead from the new starter relay/ solenoid (thankfully i have a hole in the firewall to pass the low controller through) and connect it to the Solenoid and she turns... Now I can see how truly bad my batteries have gotten from not being charged properly... Time to buy Batteries...

since i have had my fill of wiring issues in the freezing cold.. Im goin to make a semi permanent purple bypass wire and call it a day..... I will mess with the firewall pass thru in the spring when its warm... i dont want to pry on the engine side plug in the cold.... with luck there will be enough of the bolt left to remove it.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. Read the alternator sticky

And start a new thread, telling us about yourself. What your skill set is and then what type of vehicle you have. While we can make alot of guesses we are not mind readers.... ;-)

Also trying to use capital letters and punctuation is a requirement when posting.

Last edited:

glimmertwin01

all is well in the great white north... truck started ice cold..... and i located a working Voltmeter:clinto:

20140127_165336.jpg

and in case u wanna see the old Girl my salty and now trusty 86 M1008
20140127_114632.jpg20140127_114616.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Burr that looks cold.

Great work on replacing the firewall terminal. I have seen other terminals corrode but I have never seen a firewall terminla do that.

Last edited:

glimmertwin01

thanks man.... your assistance was appreciated and very helpful.... like i said in the warmer weather ill try to replace the purple starter wire... for now shes working.... ready for work....
we are in single digits and blustery winds for the week.... up here in the salt box salt damage is insidious...