• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv/ GL questions

67_C-30

When did Cucv's first get auctioned off to the public? Any idea how many are left?

Warner Robins auctioned off (7) M1008's last Thurs, and (12) M1009's and (1) M1028 today. Camp Shelby (MS) just listed a bunch in last day or two. There are still a bunch of them out there, but they seem to be a little rougher all the time. There was not one of the M1009's that sold to today appeared to be as nice as mine (I bought there in April).

91W350

Riley just sold three really nice M1009s, they were repainted and the prep work was poor, so they needed to be painted again. They were as solid as any I have seen. I got my first M1008 in 2004.

allrevup

When did Cucv's first get auctioned off to the public? Any idea how many are left?
I was wondering about that today, all of the suden I'am having problems locating parts listings near me. Just a couple of days ago I read a post were SS member aluded to having read about CUCV contracts from 60,000 to 100,000(?)

JUST FOR FUN: Pryor to that, I had read 60,000-70,000 (or in that ballpark) My first CUCV, I found at a GSA auction in 2001, and read in MVPS magazine and in this site of people owning then since atleast the late 90's. Every week there is an average of 10-20 somewere in a GOV-Liquidation auctions using an average of 10/week X 52 WK's.= 520/ year. + the residual/wreck ones. This is not scientific so someone may have some facts???? Anyone?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess early/mid 90's for the first one. Posting claims to ones sold a couple weeks ago doesn't remotely answer the question asked. They have been sold WELL over 10 years so far, prolly 15+. CUCV's are still in the active forces unlike deuces. I'd expect alot this year: Next??????2cents

richingalveston

98 m1009

I beleive my m1009 that i am parting out came from colorodo in 98 to the first owner. the second owner had it from 2001 until i got it in 2005. i only know this because it was passed from friend to friend. and i was the third owner.

so i know they were selling them in 98. mine still has col. plates even though it has been in texas since 2002

I just go my new M1009 from gl in barstow. cleanest i have seen as far as rust but took the usual GL beating while my first euc took over 100 days to clear.

rich

I bought my 1st m1008 in 93. From DRMO in El Toro Ca for the grand total of 300 bucks. It had broken rear axle shaft. That was all. Replaced it with the one that was in the bed and drove it home. Had to push it out of the fence of DRMO, lucky it was down hillish and I was in better shape then.

Ace of Spades

I've looked recently, and the vast majority of the ones out of Warner Robbins seem to have broken or bent driveshafts. Is this the DOD's way of demilitarizing them? Also, what is the going rate for M1008 and M1009 vehicles in running condition?

Jason

dstang97

I bought my 1st m1008 in 93. From DRMO in El Toro Ca for the grand total of 300 bucks. It had broken rear axle shaft. That was all. Replaced it with the one that was in the bed and drove it home. Had to push it out of the fence of DRMO, lucky it was down hillish and I was in better shape then.
lucky

Armada

Bought my first M1008 in '92 from the drmo at McGuire AFB. It was a return from the 1st Gulf war. Paid less than $400 for it with 19k miles on the clock. And even back then they came with fork damage to the driveshaft and door. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks