• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv Glow Plugs and Wiring

Macmatrix

Over the years my glow plug wires have taken a beating. It is starting to get cold out where I live so o figured i would do it now before the snow flies. I need to rewire the glow plugs and was wondering if I could Daisy chain them or if i have to run separate wires. All information is appreciated about this topic.

Thanks

richingalveston

I believe the green wires are tapped into the orange/red wire that has the loops that stick out of the wire looms. I believe you can take the plastic off and get to where they are tapped. I don't know how they are connected, if mechanical or solder but they could probably be replaced back to the large wire.

The easy way out is find a replacement engine wiring harness and swap it out. Then take yours and fix it to swap back when the one you put in fails.
nice to have spares.

cucvrus

I have had the harness apart. The green wires are tapped into each other on both sides. I removed the loom and un-taped the harness and did a few repairs in the past. They are easy top repair and replace wires as needed. Stay with the same color and you will keep it simple. Good luck. If you need some scraps of wires from harnesses let me know. I have several scrap harnesses in the shop and have sent others parts of harnesses to do a nice repair job. I have never had to totally change an entire harness on any of the CUCV's I owned. but I bought a few trucks that were hacked up to the point of beyond repair.

Macmatrix

So if I am understanding correct, the green wires hook up to thicker wires that lead to the relay on the fire wall?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks