• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv glowplug relay

D T

would a couple of you post some pictures of your glowplug relay,I swapped mine out but now Im not sure I wired it correctly,I looked through the tm's,and they did not answer my question because you cant tell what dirrection the relay is pointed,Im changing types,mine had the original,now Im going to the CAMDEC.......THANKS

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, your GP relay typically is mounted "sideways" with the cylindrical body of the relay being oriented horizontally.

You have 4 studs(2 small and 2 big).

The 2 small terminals, light blue on one and the pink/black on the other one. It makes no difference which one is on which stud. Typically the light blue wire is on the top stud and the pink/blk wire is on the bottom.

The 2 big studs, One gets the red wire from the resistor on the fire wall(supply). The other stud gets the 2 orange wires(that go to the glow plugs) and an additional orange wire(voltage sense wire). again, it does not matter which stud either is on. Typically the red wire is on the top(input) and the Orange wires are on the bottom(output).

btw, the TM does have an error, it shows the small orange wire connected to the input side of the relay. That is incorrect. It goes on the output side as I mentioned above.

Last edited:

D T

thanks doghead,it was the small ones I was worried about,I know red on top, 3 orange wires on the bottom,I just wanted to make sure I didnt get the two small ones mixed up,I changed styles of GPR's,I knew it went on horizontal,but not sure which direction it pointed,plus my brain can understand a picture better than words,confushus say one picture worth a thousand words