• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV grill question

CycleJay

Hi all,

I have a question.

On some CUCV's in photos, I see a round plate with 2 flaps on it,
mounted in the drivers side of the grill, just to the right of the headlight.

What exactly is that? And what can it be used for?

Thank you, have a good day,

CJ

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, from what I see at shows, nearly every vehicle weighes 69 tons. It's gotten so old. Why don't we just all put those naked girl mudflaps on our trucks.

Jay,

It's the bridgeplate. The 1009 would have a 03 and if towing a trailer a 04. During river crossing operations, the engineers would have the bridge calculated for a specific weight. If the bridge is rated at a 20 and you pulled up in a tank rated at 60, you ain't crossing that bridge. If you're under, it still comes in handy for identifying how many vehicles they can shove onto the bridge at one time to increase the speed of the crossing.

A lot of the ones on CUCVs, especially 1009s, had them unofficially removed since they keep from mounting additional lights and other trinkets. My truck came without one. My last 1009 had one but I removed it and put lights in. I have another parts truck that still has one.

Not hugely critical in a vehicle this small with such a small carrying capacity.

67_C-30

When I got my truck the "0" and the "3" were painted over. I changed them out to 69 just by default, but I do want to go back with the 03 or maybe 04 when I get myself a M101A2 trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks