• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Hand Throttle

cleb

I believe the high idle circuit also changes the timing of the IP to allow the truck to warm up faster. IF your hot-wiring it to just have a high idle and not warm up faster, I would put a relay in to by-pass the timing change when simply wanting high idle.

Barrman

Just to add a few more comments. I finally collected all the parts needed to check rpm. My idle was at 800 rpm and the high idle was at 1100 rpm. Factory specs are 650 rpm idle and 800 fast idle. I turned it down and now the thing lopes and shudders and such sometimes at idle. I have found the hand throttle is great for those times because 2 clicks makes it all smooth again. Really helpfull at the drive through food window.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks