• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV headlights not working

jeffwho@verizon.net

Picked up a 1028 and can't seem to get the headlights to work.All other lights work.Park lights,flashers,brake.Replaced sealed beams,i have juice at the headlight switch ,but not at the headlight.Is the blackout switch a known problem on these?I don't see a dedicated fuse for the headlights,but checked all of them anyway.All good.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.THANKS !

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had an intermittent headlight problem with mine and after cycling the high/low beam switch a few times it fixed it. Dont know if a little corrosion had built up on the terminals but everything is working fine now.

HAWKMAN

You may have to replace the headlight switch in the dash, I just had an M-1008 I finished that had this same problem.....just my2cents

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few places places to look:

a. recheck the #7 30a fuse for the headlights
(the socket is known to overheat and melt, thus not making good contact)
b. the dimmer switch on top of the steering column
c. the headlight switch in the dash
d. the -20 manual paragraph 33, page 2-72, says to trace the circuit to the blackout toggle switch.

right click on the picture and choose "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Crash_AF

I second the check the high-beam switch, if it is stuck or missing the headlights won't work. It's on the driver's side of the column, just follow the op rod from the turn signal switch.

Also check the grounds at each headlight, the left one is grounded to one of the bolts holding the radiator overflow bottle and the right is grounded to the same place the bottle would be if you mirrored it.

Later,
Joe

61 Panhead

Found this site/thread because I purchased a 1009 from GSA and the headlights didn't work. Followed the various advice given here to no avail. Switches were good, power to the switches good, etc..Then I found the issue. Somewhere along the line the DNR used the vehicle and wig-wags were installed. When they sold it all the emergency lights were removed and they simply didn't reconnect the two sets of wires where the wig-wag unit was located - halfway down the drivers firewall. Reconnected and they work fine. Another fun troubleshoot.. Thanks for the great work on the site. Now tagged as a favorite.