• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv help needed

Rebelpride

I am about to go across the pond tom. and my CUCV decided to take a dump on me. My Gen 2 light hasnt worked for about a week now and I need some quick help diagnosing it so that my dad can drive it back home for me. All of my guages work, and I put a new bulb in and pressed all around it, but the Gen 2 light will not work. I did a quick search and found it could possibly the Gen 2 relay, and possibly the #15 fuse, and I am just wanting to try and find out so that I can fix it and it will start charging. Thanks guys.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you start taking things apart, lets do a simple test to see if it is the wiring or the alternator.

1. Remove the 2 pin excitor plug from the passenger alternator.
2. test for voltage on the red wire - it should be 24v with the key on or off
3. test for voltage on the brown wire - it should be zero with the key off and 24v with the key on.

If you have the above voltages, all the internal wiring and switches/relays are working and it is an issue with the alternator.

If you do not have the above voltages you will need to diagnose the GEN2 circuit.

mf5129

i currently have 4 cucv vechicles with complete charging systems.if you need anything i might be able to help. i live fairly close by

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Btw I converted the truck to 12V
If you converted to 12v then all bets are off. How is the GEN2 wired if you are not using it for 24v?

Was it removed? Did you separate each 12v circuit? Using it as a secondary system or as a standby?

These little details make a BIG difference on diagnosing any problems.

By the way, I salute you for your service to our counrty.

Rebelpride

The only thing that was 24V on the CUCV's was the starter and the junction blocks everything else was 12V. The DS alt charged the front batt and the PS alt. charged the front AND rear batt. By removing the DS alt and rewiring the batt. it allows you to use a 12V starter and the GEN 2 light still does its job, but the GEN 1 light no longer is needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks