• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV HELP

taylordc15

I am driving from CA to TN, made it to Albuquerque and the transmission and main seal are leaking, I have been unable to find a transmission shop that will work on it. The four I have asked so far say it is to complexed and wont work on it. Any one know of anywhere that will work on a M1009? Thanks

gunhog11

taylordc15 said:
I am driving from CA to TN, made it to Albuquerque and the transmission and main seal are leaking, I have been unable to find a transmission shop that will work on it. The four I have asked so far say it is to complexed and wont work on it. Any one know of anywhere that will work on a M1009? Thanks
Too complex? What kind of candyass transmission shops did you go to? Its a run of the mill TH400 for pete's sake! Any local AAmco / Cottmans/ etc should be able to work on it. It's not rocket science.

Jetnoise400

RE: Re: CUCV HELP

Maybe give this outfit a look: http://www.nationwidetransmissions.com/ (Phone: (505)341-9113)

I checked them out on google and they seem to get good ratings from customers, and I'd be really surprised if they couldn't handle it. Maybe just tell them it's a K5 Blazer with a TH400 tranny and a 6.2 diesel engine. Once they see it, they should recognize it for what it is anyhow. And their website says they give military discounts too.

Sorry that you're having troubles. Wish I could do more.