• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV History.. medlog, others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Here ya go

Organization: 52ND ENGINEER BATTALION
Nomenclature:TRUCK UTILITY 3/4TON Model:M1009 NSN:2320011232665
Serial Number:J9GF135573 Registration Number:NF0GY4 Year of Mfg:1986
Manufacturer:93219 Contract Number:DAAE07-82-C-4060

Was listed as a loss to that unit in 1985 but doesn't say what type of loss. Hope you have a bill of sale from the government for that serial number.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
DON'T FORGET, ALL YOU NEWBIES AND FOLKS I PROVIDE THIS INFO TO NEED TO GO MAKE A DONATION TO THE WEBSITE. THIS PLACE DON'T OPERATE FOR FREE.

btw, I get no money or anything from the website managers other than the pleasure to be on here. The money goes to a good cause---this website.

JOKEREMPIRE

Wow, thats interesting :?

Actually, I don't as I've bought it here on the Canary Islands just a month ago. From what I know, it was imported into Germany at some point and converted into a Civil Vehicle - the owner then moved to the Canary Islands where it was again converted into the Spanish legal system, then it was sold to an Italian whom I've bought it from.

I was pretty sure it was stationed in Germany at some point and was then sold there to the first non-military owner, but now that you say it was reported as a loss (what would that actually mean - stolen?! or left behind somewhere?) it kind of creeps me out... :shock:

// Edit: You list 1986 as year of manufacturing - but it was reported as a loss in 1985 :?:

I wish I knew more about it, but I don't.

Thanx again,
Steve

P.S.: Found where to donate - for everyone looking: It's on the main page http://www.steelsoldiers.com on the top right. I just did, hope you do, too 8)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Joker,
It was actually 1986. Here's the actual update area of the database.
Report Type:LOSS
Updated By: Trans Date: 14 Aug 86

Choll,
Organization: 35TH AIR DEFENSE ARTILLERY BRIGADE, HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS BATTERY
Nomenclature:TRUCK UTILITY 3/4TON Model:M1009 NSN:2320011232665
Serial Number:J8GF162523 Registration Number:NF0JP0 Year of Mfg:1986
No data on where it went to after this unit.

isaiah,
Your truck came back with a bad unit code so there is no way for me to track it. If there was something in the truck when you bought it or a transportation lable giving a UIC or DODAAC we can track that down.
This is all I got:
Unit Ident Code:
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 1-1/4T Model:M1028 NSN:2320011275077
Serial Number:J7FF302435 Registration Number:NG1GUV Year of Mfg:1984

isaiah

Thank you Medlog, I bought the truck from someone and it showed only 11500 mi but looks like 115000 but he said he bought it from the GL with low miles it just don't look it with all the rust. I had to spray th whole underside with diesel to neutralize the rust. The engine Runs like a top though. The codes you mentioned where are they located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks