• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II 2000 Crew Cab

Stonepicker1

Looks like some rust on the under side. Mirror on the left pass side looks a little funny. These are the picture he sent me.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might have spent time near the beach. Not too shabby at all. Did he mention if that one axle shaft was missing or not? I like it.

Stonepicker1

Looking at one of the pictures, I see a key hanging out of the ignition[thumbzup] That will make loading and unloading a lot easier.

I hope the rust is not to bad.
I would of thought if the axle was bad he would of took a picture of it.

100dollarman

I have been running everyday since we picked it up-- I literally have not looked at it yet!
My son 'Fitty' took the pics for us--

I'll try to get a better look this week-- I think it will make a good truck when you are done fixing it up!

Congrats!!!:jumpin:

Stonepicker1

Update on the road trip...I had to move the recovery from the 1st of June to the last week in July.
This was do to my job as a Military Contractor with the Guard and that I'll be on orders most of July for Military training.:-(

Stonepicker1

Worked on the 2000 CUCV-II Crew Cab today for the first time getting it home.
Filled it with oil.
Installed new red top batteries.
Checked the fuel filter(looked like new).
Removed the plastic bag covering the tail pipe(long term storage thing I think).
Replaced the missing starter bolts.

Turned the key to start and it started right up.:):):)
Still have to replace the lower rad hose and work on the brakes.:driver:

CUCV - YouTube

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding Sir. We need to find you an axle shaft for that right side so you can check out it's driveability.

Stonepicker1

Bought a new lower Goodyear radiator hose and installed it last night. What a pain in the a** to do.:-x
I had to remove the radiator to get the hose clamp off. Started it up and let it run for about 1/2 hour and no leaks, engine sounds good too.

Got a deal on 18 fuel filters for $7.50 ea.:D Couldn't pass that up.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks