• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV II Camo Pattern

Humvee1538

Hello All,
I have a Tahoe CUCV II that I am going to paint. Did the Air Force have any camo CUCV II's? Does anyone have the camo pattern or pictures of all sides and top?
Thanks

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,
I have a Tahoe CUCV II that I am going to paint. Did the Air Force have any camo CUCV II's? Does anyone have the camo pattern or pictures of all sides and top?
Thanks
In all the photos of AF CUCV IIs and other tactical (non M series) trucks I've seen, the trucks were painted green. That doesn't mean there weren't any though.
Check USAF TO 36-1-191 Allows overseas commanders to camo vehicles but doesn't refer to camo CONUS vehicles.

Here's an Army CUCVII camo pick up: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/57855-my-new-cucv-ii.html

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SteelSoldiers. Be sure to post some pictures of your truck. Very few CUCV II's here.

Search for CUCV2.

Here is a good link http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_cucv2.php

Straight from the GM advertisement

There are multiple threads about the CUCV II, CUCV III and LSSV. Advanced search is your friend.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Welcome to SteelSoldier Humvee1538, Like Warthog said, only a few CUCV-II out there now.(more are showing up now for sale)

I have two, one TAN and one ? GREEN I think. See pictures below.:D

You could camo it like the M1009 or use Warthog's picture.

Take some pictures and post them for all to see. again welcome.

Attachments

Humvee1538

Thanks for the info but that camo picture was for a prototype vehicle. I have the CUCV II owner's manual and was wondering if the truck also came with the 1999 Tahoe Owner's Manual? What type of winch and mount are used? Is it a M12000? My truck has a black base coat instead of the white as noted on the web. Is yours black or white? I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the pictures I have seen have hade a metallic green base coat.

If you look at Stonepicker1's CUCV II Rebuild thread you can see the green paint unter the bed when he installed the goosneck hitch.

Was your owners manual the small suppliment?

We have been attempting to locate a parts manul for the truck, with no luck. Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

There is a picture posting tutorial available in the "Tips & Tricks" Forum

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forum-tips-tricks/59917-how-post-pictures-tutorial.html

Last edited:

Humvee1538

It came with the small manual, could be a green base with black primmer. Fender wells inside the rear compartment are painted GM black. Body color seems to be 383 green but in semigloss instead of CARC.

Sorry , I have not been able to find a TM manual.

My volt gauge in the instrument panel shows 14 volts while running but 24 volt gauge is in the yellow. Is there a problem? Is this truck a 12 volt alt. feeding 2 batteries or a 24 voilt alt feeding both?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It came with the small manual, could be a green base with black primmer. Fender wells inside the rear compartment are painted GM black. Body color seems to be 383 green but in semigloss instead of CARC.
The green should be #24052 Semi Gloss Dark Green which will not be a CARC.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sorry , I have not been able to find a TM manual.

My volt gauge in the instrument panel shows 14 volts while running but 24 volt gauge is in the yellow. Is there a problem? Is this truck a 12 volt alt. feeding 2 batteries or a 24 voilt alt feeding both?

The alternator is a 12v unit. The trucks use a 12v to 24v Inverter for the 24v side. On the pickups it is behind the seat and the Tahoes and Suburbans it is located behind the rear seat on the drivers side.

I bought at 1988 semi-CUCV II (didn't have the the bumper shackles) parts truck and it had a 24v plug mounted on the transmission tunnel. No gauge in the dash. The invertor was behind the seat. The base paint color was metalic green with a semi-gloss green top coat.

It was a SeaBee truck from Gulfport, MS.

Attachments

Last edited:

Humvee1538

Here are some pics. I will take better ones later and start another tread. I also took photos of a 1992 Blazer that came out of USMC for comparison.

Attachments

readyman

The alternator is a 12v unit. The trucks use a 12v to 24v Inverter for the 24v side. On the pickups it is behind the seat and the Tahoes and Suburbans it is located behind the rear seat on the drivers side.

I bought at 1988 semi-CUCV II (didn't have the the bumper shackles) parts truck and it had a 24v plug mounted on the transmission tunnel. No gauge in the dash. The invertor was behind the seat. The base paint color was metalic green with a semi-gloss green top coat.

It was a SeaBee truck from Gulfport, MS.
What are the spec's on the 12V to 24V converter? Any mfg info? How many output amps does it have?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the spec's on the 12V to 24V converter? Any mfg info? How many output amps does it have?

For the LSSV (Cucv III) the tech manual shows the inverter is made by

Sure Power Industries out of Tualatin, Oregon
Model : 41204
Input Voltage: 12v
Output Voltage: 24v
Output Current: 40A Max

Since I have never seen a CUCVII service manual, I will check the unit tonight and list the specs.

*** EDIT ***

I checked the unit I have, No labels or specs listed. Sorry

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

For the LSSV (Cucv III) the tech manual shows the inverter is made by

Sure Power Industries out of Tualatin, Oregon
Model : 41204
Input Voltage: 12v
Output Voltage: 24v
Output Current: 40A Max

Since I have never seen a CUCVII service manual, I will check the unit tonight and list the specs.

*** EDIT ***

I checked the unit I have, No labels or specs listed. Sorry
I had a problem with the driver side battery not charging on my 1999 CUCV-II, so I first cleaned the connections on the batteries. It still was not charging the drivers side battery.
I removed the 24 volt duvac from behind the seat and found both fuses were bad. 40 amp maxi and a 30 amps
After replacing the fuses all is good. Drivers battery is now charging.:beer:

Info:
SURE POWER IND. INC.
DUVAC II
Model: 41203GM
Input Voltage: 12
Output Voltage: 24
Output Current: 20A max
Ground: NEG.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks