• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II from Des Moine IA to OKC

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to get a non-running CUCV-II from Camp Dodge in Des Moines IA to OKC.The truck is off site at a storage facility.

I have some bids from uShip but really don't care for the shippers that responded.

Any one coming this way that could flat tow or trailer the truck?

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stole it from Stonepicker....lol

It has major electrical issues, so we will have wait to see how good a deal it was.

ryan77

I was eyeballing it! But bought the deuce instead! Hopefully another one comes up in the future!! Nice truck congrats!:beer:

M715VFD405

Wow Joe I love that truck I'm glad you got it maybe you can get in here in time for the 4th and maybe I can get the M715 going in time too I'm just waiting on an email for the engine and she will be on the road again I think you will be proud to see what I have done with her so far. Best of luck on the shipping wish I could help. I don't think we need a 12 step program just more room and more money :whistle::cookoo:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there was a M915A4 and some trailers at the same sale that I should have bought and just brought them all home. :-D

I have access to many types of trucks for a recovery. 800 series, 900 series and a couple of M915A1s.

Just not enough time.:neutral:

CharlyArmy

I live 30 minutes from Camp Dodge, if you need to get off site. I can pick it up and store it at my place untill arrangements can be made for pick/delivery. Just pay for my fuel down and back.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well cancel my call for help.

I had the truck towed off base by a local wrecker company. After paying a weeks worth of storage fees I have contracted with a uShip company to bring it to OKC.

After adding up the fuel costs and taking a day off work (self employed so no vacation time) the cost was just a little over doing it myself.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an FYI.

You think the 10% buyer premium is bad with GL, well uShip charges you a 17.75% fee on the bid price (part of the price) and then charges you a $24.99 service fee on top of that.

Kind of sounds like eBay and PayPal.

Come to think of it they did want me to link my accounts together.....hmmmm.....:tin hat:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be contacting you for pictures of the modified wiring.

I'm ordering some shop manuals for the stock wiring.

Stonepicker1

I will be contacting you for pictures of the modified wiring.

I'm ordering some shop manuals for the stock wiring.
Sounds good.

Did they remove the 24 volt invertor (behind the seat) ?

I could do a video also of the wiring system with voltage readings and post on youtube if it will help.

Let me know when your ready.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I have are these three pics. Haven't been able to find anyone in the area that could do a visual inspection/sitrep for me. The Stf Sgt at the NG location said the body was in great shape, and that the electrical had issues.

A few videos will be great.

I will know more friday when it arrives.

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm helping a friend recover a 1031 from Sparta, WI (hopefully next week). I guess we could have tied your's on the back like a caboose. F250, tow bar, 1031, tow bar, CUCV II, little red flag to warn everyone we're really unstable (not the trucks just the drivers).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks