• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II from Des Moine IA to OKC

Stonepicker1

I'm helping a friend recover a 1031 from Sparta, WI (hopefully next week). I guess we could have tied your's on the back like a caboose. F250, tow bar, 1031, tow bar, CUCV II, little red flag to warn everyone we're really unstable (not the trucks just the drivers).
Lol...DOT would of got you for that tow.

det rebel

Nope, they do it that way down here all the time.

one little piece o **** pulling 2 other piece o ****s, alll loaded down with whatever they can fit in it or on it. HEADED south

normally its a van pulling a van tied to another van or trailer and then you see 4 to five groups of them all traveling together :beer:

pmramsey

I just moved a 1986 M1028A2 from Little Falls, MN to Warrenton, VA using US Driveways for $950.

combatmech

I had been watching that one as well. Good score Warthog!! Good luck with tansport. I would be interested to see how she turns out. If you end up parting it out, I'd be interested.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck is home. $600 for the shipper and $131.16 for uShip :roll:

There are some issues to workout with the truck, but nothing some $$$ won't take care of.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A/C will be worked out for you by next Wednesday for the parade.

Now the rest of the truck may be an issue. Want to towbar it behind something?

86m1028

normally its a van pulling a van tied to another van or trailer and then you see 4 to five groups of them all traveling together :beer:
Yep, I drive I35 Dallas to San Antonio ALOT.

Just when I think Ive seen it all.

I am amazed at what they can strap a hitch on
(remove plastic bumper & some how hookup a tow bar to the back of a unibody compact car) then pull 2 more vehicles loaded behind it.

& to stay on topic. Glad to hear your truck made it home safe Warthog

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just got back from Sparta, WI with keith_j's new M1031 SECM. 2500+ miles in 3 days for a truck that's not my own. Radiator in my F250 decided to find a new vent hole coming through Kansas yesteday while it was 118 degrees outside. We left the cap loose on the expansion tank so it wouldn't build up pressure and rolled on. Got in at 2330 last night. What's the old saying about "a friend in need?"

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks