• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV in Belgium?

raiburn

Some dude in Belgium bought some CUCV parts from me off Epay yesterday. I thought I had to pinky swear to GL that I wouldnt sell it to a non-U.S. citizen. Appearently sombody did.

Capt.Marion

And there aren't any other ways to get US Surplus vehicles aside from GL? Remember, there have been and still are Army bases in Germany. There are more than a handful of members on here that have CUCVs and live in Germany and that part of Europe...

Nico

And there aren't any other ways to get US Surplus vehicles aside from GL? Remember, there have been and still are Army bases in Germany. There are more than a handful of members on here that have CUCVs and live in Germany and that part of Europe...
that`s right.
the pinky swear is senseless due to plenty opportunities to buy cucv
stuff in this part of the world.
and besides, i thought we are working together anyway.

4 example:

Teilemarkt für Militärfahrzeuge

Morlock-Motors

Ersatzteile für den Army Chevrolet Blazer M1009 oder Pick UP M1008 - us-army-military-shop

EBLE 4x4 Restauration

KEMPER-PARTS - OFF ROAD Teile & Zubehör

etc.

greetings from the united states of europe ;-)

Last edited:

southdave

that`s right.
the pinky swear is senseless due to plenty opportunities to buy cucv
stuff in this part of the world.
and besides, i thought we are working together anyway.

greetings from the united states of europe ;-)

Nico, I think this is EUC issue we can buy this crap here we can't resale offshore thing, you have to sign some legal mombo jumbo to that fact that you are not buying for someone who is not a citizen. The real kick in the a** is the goverment can show up give your money back and take away your truck or what ever I am sure someone might elaborate one this

JohnFire

The US Govt sold them to Europeans for years at DRMO auctions. When I bought mine in Germany, I was bidding against, people from Germany, Belgium, France, Poland, Netherlands, etc...

dudeLJ

Hi guys! Do you know about some auctions in Europe where i can buy the m1008?
I've seen few trucks on mobile.de and autoscout but the price is horrible!
I am from Poland :)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those good old days of surplus auctions for this stuff are over as far as I know. You can get more modern stuff, but I think the auctions of old where whole depots were sold off when a unit left Europe are over. I am not sure what happens today with the older US stuff from the German bases, never saw an auction about that (but I never really looked very hard either). I should look into that as well.

piodik

Dude, like Robo said, a good days for cheap US MVs in EU gone. Now you can buy cheap only currently released 5 ton or LMTV trucks. A market price range for CUCVs now is from 5k euros for a piece of junk, to around 15k euros for restored vehicle. And mobile, autoscout or allegro (form time to time) is a good source for searching a truck. You can try to find something at morlock junk yard form 6k euros, but these trucks are in poor condition.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For trucks, REOMIE in the Netherlands is still the best place in Europe, but you pay through the nose! Most of that stuff is slowly adapted for sale to Africa, in parts or whole. They have a lot of Willys jeep stuff as well, but Staman has more. However, never saw an CUCV in either place.

dudeLJ

Thanks guys for your answers. It's shame what you wrote but i won't stop searching ;-)
Maybe i should to think about import from the US. How it looks like? Has someone experience with this?
I have been searching and there are some m1008 for about 4000-4500 USD.

piodik

It's shame what you wrote but i won't stop searching ;-)
Shame? Can you explain why?

Robo, Reomie is a good supplier for IIWW Willys and Dodge, a Deuce or M151 parts, but I never found something good for CUCV or HMMWV over there. However I always love to dig in containers ;)
542003_371135496256716_523617142_n.jpg

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gents you also need to remember that the US military was NOT the only user of the CUCV , these truck were also operated by Canada , 1008 and 1010, also supplied to countries all over the planet, also supplied to Lebanon along with M-113's, so parts are all over the planet,

laplander

You can find them in Belgium from time to time, for €5000 or less. Not worth importing from US. I sold mine (M1028 ) for 4500. Check out tweedehands.be or marktplaats.nl. In holland all oldtimers go cheap due to recent law/tax changes, so thats probably your best shot. I can only say "go for it" 'cause by european standards this is one **** off a vehicle. Still regret selling mine. (Put some cheap '37 hummer tires on it. vrakking.nl)

HOWEY

Gents you also need to remember that the US military was NOT the only user of the CUCV , these truck were also operated by Canada , 1008 and 1010, also supplied to countries all over the planet, also supplied to Lebanon along with M-113's, so parts are all over the planet,

Lebanese M1009 and IDF M1009...

Attachments

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it would be interesting to know if the IDF also fixed the electrical system to pure 24 volt , they have a great history for making vehicles more user friendly ,I like the aircon system , can anyone get a dash shot of a IDF CUCV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks