• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV in Tipton county TN

AECS

I was out and about exploring the area we just moved to here in Tipton County TN, and drove by a place that had 2 or three CUCV's in the front yard, was wondering if it was anyone on the board?

stationjj

Not sure exactly where you were in Tipton County? It could have been the guy who restores CUCVs. I bought my CUCV from him 3 years ago. A very nice guy, and pleased with my purchase.
I remember he was located west of Covington and Brownsville. I don't think he is very active on SS.

stationjj

CUCVLOVER

I was out and about exploring the area we just moved to here in Tipton County TN, and drove by a place that had 2 or three CUCV's in the front yard, was wondering if it was anyone on the board?
welcome to west Tennessee.
really. wow that's cool.
if so see this truck around its me. But I took the orange cation flags off. Just honk and wave and holler hey cucvlover most of the time I got the windier (or window if you prefer) down.

Attachments

tbearatkin

AECS, there is one guy that has some for sale on CL sometimes but he is East of Atoka off of Atoka-idaville rd. I looked at a M1008 he had for sale awhile back and he had another in his shop he was painting. You will see mine at CNRC- M1009 on some days depending on how the vehicles are parked in my driveway.

tbearatkin

AECS is a Navy guy that most likely works on base so he should know CNRC is Commander Navy Recruiting Command. Sorry retired Navy guy here so get carried away with abbreviations sometimes

AECS

My 1009 is parked outside PMO most days, we will have to meet up one day. Have to do ball joints this weekend though so back to the Hyundai for me....

tbearatkin

Unless it was you we have another CUCV running around on base. If was you I like your CUCV. Will get mine sanded and painted one day my color will be the green stock color

Sergeant1983

I live in Memphis and belong to the Midsouth MVPA that meets at the Military Museum in Atoka. Same location as McFarlands Gun Shop. I bought my M1009 from Steve, off Atoka- Idaville rd. that restores CUCVs as a side hobby. He does a nice job in restoring them to a daily driver, while keeping the price reasonable. Ive had mine for 3 years. Told him what level of restoration I wanted so I could finish it to my configuration.
You may see me driving up and down 14 or 51. I also drive to and from Ft Campbell KY area on 70 & 79. And monthly runs to the Navy base for a haircut and package store resupply.
If you see me amd wave me down, I always have time to talk about military toys. November - December my M1009 spends most weekends in the woods of Middle TN deer hunting.

Al Harvey

I live in Memphis and belong to the Midsouth MVPA that meets at the Military Museum in Atoka. Same location as McFarlands Gun Shop. I bought my M1009 from Steve, off Atoka- Idaville rd. that restores CUCVs as a side hobby. He does a nice job in restoring them to a daily driver, while keeping the price reasonable. Ive had mine for 3 years. Told him what level of restoration I wanted so I could finish it to my configuration.
You may see me driving up and down 14 or 51. I also drive to and from Ft Campbell KY area on 70 & 79. And monthly runs to the Navy base for a haircut and package store resupply.
If you see me amd wave me down, I always have time to talk about military toys. November - December my M1009 spends most weekends in the woods of Middle TN deer hunting.
You go right by me if you take 79 to Fort Campbell.

Al Harvey

We can do that and I'll keep a look out for you on the road. I'm usually driving the M1009 or the contact truck. Both are tan.

tbearatkin

Yes it was me, I usually turn right to head into Tipton County but was a half car behind you at the light leaving base so figured I would catch up to you. I have the proper size stencils as well for it that will be put on if I ever get it painted.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to know where in Tipton Cty. I just bought mine it's a 1986 M1009 with 56K on it. I love it. I'll be needing some rocker panels replaced sometime next year.