• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv inline spin on filter?

itsunday25

Ok i work on 18 wheelers sum got in line trans filters like the spin on ones. I was wondering if any one has done this and do they got pics. I was going to run a inline oil and trans spin on filters just seeing if any one got any input thanks

wayne pick

I put one on mine along with a fan driven cooler. Derale part#259-13090 $45.33 or 259-13091 $89.99 with dash mounted temp guage. I ran mine inline from the pressure or hot side of the trans cooler line, mount the filter base to the right side frame rail, or under the hood if space is a problem. simple. I can take some pics tomorrow if you want them.

MarcusOReallyus

Nice. Very clean.

Thanks for posting the pics! :beer:

That's definitely on my list of mods. I bought mine to work, not look pretty, so it's going to be hauling some heavy loads of firewood. Taking good care of the trans is just money in the bank, as far as I'm concerned.

A temp guage on the trans sounds like a good idea, too.

wayne pick

aux filter-cooler

The flatbed on my M1031 has plenty of room under it to work with. I deleted the stock in radiator cooler and ran hard lines-3/8 brake line, back under the bed. You can use this cooler with the stock rad cooler, but that cooler is always the same or at a slightly lower temp as the engine. Mine takes cooler ambient air to cool the oil. The fan driven cooler is a Derale electra cool 16 pass, that means the tubes pass 16 times within the cooler. The part# is 15900. $181.99 at Jegs. Pricy but so is a rebuilt trans. I did not hook up the thermostat, It's ign on, fan on. As far as the filter goes, you can allways spin a new one on every other oil change and change the pan filter accordingly. Over kill? Yea, but the trans only runs about 120 deg even on the hottist days. If you plan on dragging heavy firewood or a trailer, this is the way to go.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks