• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV interior color matching

Barrman

I don't think I am using the proper wording for a search because I am not getting the result I know is out there.

While junkyarding for a vent window, I found a proper stock center console for the M1009. It is blue though. I know I have seen threads here about people painting door panels, dash pads and center consoles the proper color to match the seats. Anybody know of these threads or the paint type/code?

Thanks.

Oh, anybody in the Austin area wanting a center console. Pop's parts just West of Bastrop has a tan one left.

K9Vic

Those center consoles are hard to find, I would grab it and hang on to it for yourself or another CUCV member before someone else gets it.

As for interior colors, these are the most rainbow color scheme I have ever seen. Mine came with gray dash, brown seats, one door panel brown and other tan. Other ones I have had blue door panels and gray dash with gray seats. It is most likely over time they needed to replace these and brown was not an available color, so they went with what ever they could get.

I now have after replacements a red dash, blue door panels, one gray & one brown seat belt, gray side covers on the brown seats. I plan to just paint the gray parts red, but will leave the door panels blue as the paint will probably rub off by my arm resting on it all the time.

topgun217

When we recieved our first cucv's at Osan AB, South Korea, (1984) all were the same, "blood bone"(gm) or burgandy for comon folks. I have a NG Mechanic friend who has told me, any other variant is a replacement part or replacement spray paint which is no longer available through gm (or at least for the militarY, (no nsn)

I to have seen grey, black, greyish black, blackish grey, red, and the likes of varients.

I was lucky, mine is standard issue "blood bone" or red.

rickt44498

any automotive paint supply store, that supplies the body shops in your area can get interior DYE to recolor your interior panels. be sure to use the vinyl adhesion promoter to BIND the dye to the plastic panels.

If you have several mismatched panels, remove them all and "paint" at the same tiem for a good match.

IdahoPlowboy

I don't think I am using the proper wording for a search because I am not getting the result I know is out there.

While junkyarding for a vent window, I found a proper stock center console for the M1009. It is blue though. I know I have seen threads here about people painting door panels, dash pads and center consoles the proper color to match the seats. Anybody know of these threads or the paint type/code?

Thanks.

Oh, anybody in the Austin area wanting a center console. Pop's parts just West of Bastrop has a tan one left.
I would be interested in it if you could get it for me. Shipping to Idaho couldnt be all that bad.