• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Jump Start

gglithox

Dose anyone know if you can jump one M1008 from another M1008 with out slave cables? Only have regular jumper cables. If so, how would you hook up cables to batteries.

dstang97

front battery is 12v. I would hook them up at the + and - bars on firewall on both trucks

Last edited:

AndrewH

If you use the same post on each truck, ie, forward battery positive, rear battery negitive post. same on other truck. I have done this with a 24 volt excavator using a dump truck to jump from. Look for where your slave plug hooks to the batteries and put your cables there. Andrew

Keith_J

front battery is 12v. I would hook them up at the + and - bars on firewall on both trucks
Might work. Best is slave/NATO cables. But IF you know the wiring circuit, you can jump from the batteries, looking at the interconnect between the batteries (largest wire).

Jumper cables are rated for current, not voltage and you could jump off the negative of the front and positive of the rear.

Jumping off just the front battery will only work if that is the only dead battery.

Keith_J

If you use the same post on each truck, ie, forward battery positive, rear battery negitive post. same on other truck. I have done this with a 24 volt excavator using a dump truck to jump from. Look for where your slave plug hooks to the batteries and put your cables there. Andrew
You have it backwards. The front battery negative goes to ground. The rear battery positive is 24 V.

mistaken1

You have it backwards. The front battery negative goes to ground. The rear battery positive is 24 V.
Keith_J has it right. The front battery negative is attached to the frame. The back battery positive it 24V to the frame.

Verify the wiring before connecting anything!!!

The front battery negative should connect to the frame and to the negative bus on the firewall. The front battery positive should connect to the rear battery negative. The rear battery positive should connect to the positive bus on the firewall.

Chassis Ground______ - [|||]+___-[|||]+_______ 24V
-----------------------------front-------rear

3dubs

I have a simple mind so I just think about it as one battery. You see where the batteries are connected. So use the posts that are not connected to another battery. One is positive and the other is negative. You will also see these have cables connecting to the truck and not another battery. Then use the jumper cables just like normal. Positive on one truck to positive on the other. The negative CAN NOT be connected to the truck!!!!! You have to use the negative on the battery. Unless you like trucks on fire. So for people like me it is just use another 24V battery setup and just jump them like each truck has one big battery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks