• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV junkyards in northeast?

dependable

I am looking for sources of used CUCV part near new england. Saturn dosn't have a lot of used parts anymore and the place I used to call in Vermont seems to be gone. Right now I need a 1008 rear drive shaft, I just got one with government fork lift damage. Thanks

msoumas

I don't know of any place that specializes in CUCV's around here. I know there is a junkyard in Billerica that is supposed to have a lot of older stuff, thats all I know about it though. :?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get one made. Take the old one so they can reuse the ends. Try a heavy duty truck parts olace (IH,Mack, etc) or a custom shop. In southeast Pa. I've used Associated Truck Parts, price was about $175.00

n1bnc

Billerica junkyard...

msoumas said:
I don't know of any place that specializes in CUCV's around here. I know there is a junkyard in Billerica that is supposed to have a lot of older stuff, thats all I know about it though. :?
If you are thinking of Jack's I am pretty sure he doesn't have much. His inventory used to be pretty old, but they have been crushing. I sent an old blazer there and a Matador. The Matador hung around for a few years but the Blazer was crushed pretty quick(2wd). He never had a true CUCV truck as far as I know.

Holland Used also has been crushing. Steel's scrap price has been high and so the full "press" was on.

Good luck! Keep an eye on the Merrimack valley group!

xm708

junkyards north east

The driveshaft is the same as civilian. Parramore had a bunch NOS in florida not too long ago. Vermont dealers were Ross aka acetomatoco and he just passed away and the only other one around here is george manieri and he is getting out slowly too. Give george a call I think he had a shaft last time I was there. (802) 864-4762 just don't tell him I told you to call or he will charge you double.. just kiddin.

ed

AJMBLAZER

RE: junkyards north east

Any longbed 80's Chevy K20 of the era with a 14FF should have an identical rear shaft.

As mentioned above if the shaft you have now is in good condition at the ends a good shop could reuse the ends and retube it.

beaubeau

RE: junkyards north east

I got a M1008 that i can get a shaft off if you are interrested, or I can build one for you from parts from your old shaft. I think I have a shaft off a 1984 25004x4 kicking around. Phil