• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV key code

jimm1009

The key code for the U.S. CUCV is 73Y2 as delivered from the factory. This is the B-key or commonly called the Trunk Key (rounded edges).
If your truck was loaned to another agency, they may have changed the locks but probably/ usually not. A sure way to know is to pull one of the door cylinders.
All of the genuine GM cylinders have the code stamped into the housing but you must remove the door panel to get to it.. If you are goping to remove it from the door GENTLY remove the linkage. Old plastic bushings in there and they link to break. There is a small U-shaped clip holding against the sheetmetal inside. I suggest this over the ignition cylinder because you have to have a steeering wheel puller and then partially remove the turn signal arm, turn signal swith, and then a pin to pull the cylinder out of the steering column.

Not as bad as it sounds but it does take an hour to remove and replace one.
Jim

HillBilly

I wrote you a private message about the key code and i am also posting to make sure someone see's this.

Does the "B" key fit the ignition and will it work on a 1986 M1031?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
73Y2 on a B blank. Welcome to Steel Soldiers. At the bottom of this page there are links to similar threads as the site searches for you. A little searching can find tons of info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks