• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV key

flyjustfly

Hi, can someone post a couple pics of each side of what the Goverment key to these vehicles looks like? I had the Chevy dealer cut a key from a code that I got off of SS but when I told him it was the round key, he said there were several different round keys with different groove alignments. I go to pick up my M1008 next week and the auction says it has no key. I'm going to trailer it but want to make sure I have a key to unlock steering and put it in neutral or even drive it on the trailer if possble. This will be the first time i'm buying from a Goverment auction so I don't really know what to expect.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the CUCV FAQ sticky:

"The key blank required for the CUCV is called a "B" blank. The code used to copy the key is 73Y2. Same key for doors and ignition."

You can find alot of info in the stickies

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Specifically it's the B49 blank. If your efforts at the dealer fail, I can mail you one from S Florida.

Jasonbud

I know I'm pulling this thread out of the past but i need a Cucv key. My M1008 is parked in the middle of the yard and the keys are missing. Local key cutter wants 40 bucks. I know he there is a betterway to do this.

sandcobra164

Send me a message with your address and I'll send you a key that will work as long as it has the original ignition and door locks. I counted, I've got 5 keys and 1 CUCV. I can spare one. I searched myself to see if one was available via e-pay and whatnot and came up with blanks. e-pay last sold such a key in 2015. CUCV's are old trucks now and it doesn't look like anyone is sitting on a bag of keys for them. I'd ask you to go the Chevrolet dealership nearest to you route with the key codes provided earlier in the thread but I think you'd be met with a big HaHa!

Jasonbud

That's what I'm talking about. Thank You. I will be sure to "pay it forward". I just picked up my m1008 with 40k for 4 grand. No rust and a flatbed from the Missouri National Guard. Going to be my camper truck.