• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV key

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its a "B" blank and the code is 73Y2. Take this to a locksmith and they will make you a key in a snap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I keep a CUCV and M880 key with me all the time. You just never know! Always nice to have when window shopping at the GL lot.

K10A

one is usmc,another army , the last navy . All 1008s all keys different . I am almost positive that the 2 i didnt get from govliquidation werent changed. oh well .....you should change them anyway to keep badguys from stealing your trucks. :evil:

gasser

What is key is the same ... the ignition and/or the doors? The m1009 I just got is missing both keys. However, the steering column is unlocked.

-graham

mutt1966

Nope, ignition key is has a square end the door has a oval end each
was different door would open door would not start vehicle and ignition
key would not unlock door.

mangus580

mutt.... I know thats how some of the civvy versions were, but from everything I have seen / been told... the cucv's used only one key. Ironically, its an oval one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, all CUCVs were keyed alike from the factory. They used a round "B" key blank. This ran from 1984 thru 1987. Same key opened everything. Some units opted to rekey their vehicles in which it had 2 keys, the regular CUCV key for the door and the replacement ingition key. The Air Force grew weary of losing their CUCVs in multi force operations to other units and rekeyed a great deal of their trucks. Thats the CUCV key facts and they are uncontested!