• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Keys

Mohawk Dave

Go through the FAQs and DL the TMs, do the PMTC and get real familiar with the vehicle.

-Dave

P.S. do the doghead starter relay asap.

nvrescue

Banned
No worries, how can I figure out which one I have? Since I have not read the facts how many versions are there in Keys? The key I misplaced had a black rubber on it. I think my wife took it and threw it away, lol, she was mad last night and did not really want me to buy out of our own money another SAR unit CUCV.

nvrescue

Banned
I would do the conversion but I would have to tinker and see what the other guy did since I do not even see the wait light go on?? Anyone near Reno or SF (One day when I drive it there) can take a peak?

Mohawk Dave

That cut i posted is the one and only. Same key for doors/ign. just take that number to a locksmith. You can get a GM key, or a rubber headed one, or whatever one you want as long as it has the same base.

Or just copy the one that you already have.

-Dave

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries, how can I figure out which one I have? Since I have not read the facts how many versions are there in Keys? The key I misplaced had a black rubber on it. I think my wife took it and threw it away, lol, she was mad last night and did not really want me to buy out of our own money another SAR unit CUCV.
There is one key, only one. Read the FAQ's.

Mohawk Dave

What SAR are you part of? I've been real interested in SAR lately, esp the K9 unit.

-Dave

Nevermind- saw it in your other post.

Last edited:

nvrescue

Banned
So am ai right to assume anyone with a CUCV could walk up to ours and drive away with their Key unless we re-key it or add an alarm. Only reason is we will have a lot of rescue gear and equipment in it.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So am ai right to assume anyone with a CUCV could walk up to ours and drive away with their Key unless we re-key it or add an alarm. Only reason is we will have a lot of rescue gear and equipment in it.
You can walk into any auto parts store and replace either the ignition or door locks from a civy blazer and install.

Mohawk Dave

food for thought. I saw that you have 4-6 cucvs ready to deploy. Maybe rekey all the same so you and your team can have one set of keys that work for all.

B/C i'm sure you have gear in all of them and will need to rekey all.

I did, b/c I too carry all that gear.

-Dave

nvrescue

Banned
I was getting to that, I have a real good locksmith friend in SF and will resolve that issue, thanks for the insight. I will not stress to find missing key now ;)

Mohawk Dave

I have a real healthy K9, but not trained. But i would be willing to pay for that and would LOVE to get involved with your company. Let me know what I can do on my end.

-Dave

Mohawk Dave

Another thing I will be doing is running a switch (hidden) that interrupts the ignition. It will take 10 minutes and $10 bucks, but that way if some less-than-God-fearing A-hole tries to steal my truck, it will impede their objective.

Of course, if the thief is electrically enlightened, he could trace it and find it, but that's a lot of ifs for a 1984 Blazer.

-Dave

nvrescue

Banned
Nice rebuild, can you do camo too if you wanted. I think the punching holes in fluid tanks such as gas is not right and also very dangerous if someone that does not know to look for that decides to fill up gas!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks