• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv lift

NVMessner

Hey guys I am wanting to lift my m1009 4" I've done some research on shackle flips and blocks and b52s rough country tough country...etc..I'm just curious if any of you guys have any lifts or lift components sittin around. Maybe I can piece one together. I won't be doing any crazy wheelin. I figgered this my get more attention here than the want to buy section. Let me know guys. I appreciate it.

Kaiser67M715

You almost always pay more when piecing together, its the little nuts and bolts that get You, just my $.02

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

86m1028

X2 what Kaiser67m715 said

Save up, research what kind of kit you want
Hint the better kits won't be the cheapest.
Dont skimp on shocks or steering.
Lift springs or shackle flip in the rear (no blocks)
Pay a little more up front & it will save you money in the long run.
Do NOT drop the t-case !

NVMessner

Yeah I'd prefer to not piece everything. I've just seen a lot of lift threads where someone has one they never used or used for a short time. Either way just throwin it out there. I appreciate the input.

Awol

X2 what Kaiser67m715 said

Save up, research what kind of kit you want
Hint the better kits won't be the cheapest.
Dont skimp on shocks or steering.
Lift springs or shackle flip in the rear (no blocks)
Pay a little more up front & it will save you money in the long run.
Do NOT drop the t-case !
X1000

No blocks in the rear. Shackle flips are fine, or get a kit that includes lift springs.

Skinny

I am very happy with my ORD parts and I will be using them again shortly for my Suburban build. The stock steering will leave a bit to be desired but if it street duty only you should be ok. I agree, no tcase drop. It goes against why you are getting a lift.