• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV light switch

rfischba1

Tried to turn my lights on my M1009 while the truck was ideling, nothing?
How does the black out/service light switch operate, the manual say pull it out and up? I did not pull it out only filpped it to on for service lights, then pulled out head light switch, nothing, I hope I was doing something wrong and its not a major electrical problem, Truck runs smooth, batteries are strong.
Any suggestions?

Crash_AF

It should not move up unless you pull the switch out to disengage the lock. Pull out the right hand B/O light switch and move it up. It should stay in the up position. Then check your lights. You can turn a turn signal on so that when the switch works, the signal will start to flash.

Later,
Joe

rfischba1

That shounds like this problem, I did not correctly flip the right swithes, I didn't pull out , and did not touch the BO drive switch. I'll try your suggestion and let you know how I made out, Very unlikely all lights are inoperable.
Thanks