• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-Looking for parts

Draco-87

I just got a 85 CUCV with only 24,000 miles on it, need to know what parts are going to go first. And if any one has any extra rubber plugs to the top?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy that is a loaded question.

First thing you need is the FREE Technical Manauls. You can find them at www.jatonkam35s.com
You will want the Lubrication Order and all the TMs (Technical Manuals)

With any 25+ year old vehicle you will need to do your PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services).

Read the CUCV Wiki, Read the CUCV Stickies, And read about all the other people that have had the same questions before you. Advanced Search will become you new best friend.

Oh yes, we like pictures around here so.......

nopics

Draco-87

I got this CUCV and M-416 trailer for $3,500. The trailer has US NAVY on it and seems to be complet. The 1009 is missing the bridge plate (looks like it broke off) other than that it starts and runs great. I just need to find out what branch it came from.For unit markings All it has is a door # and a (for official use only) painted on the door.

Attachments

Draco-87

I will give that a shot, But i have a feeling it might have come from the navy. My buddy hase a M-38A1 the hood # starts off with a 94(space)#####.The # on my door also starts off with 94(space)#####. Oh yeah befor i go any word on the rubber plugs for back off the top? By the way love this site and glad to be here!

M1008driver

Do yourself a favor and do the doghead mod from the sticky at the top of the forum before your starter sticks and burns up that nice engine. It is cheap and will save you allot of money in the long run. Congrats on such a nice CUCV...