• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1009 engine problem

tc42085

lost power, throttle response, white smoke. not sure if my problem is the injector pump or injectors, engine starts right up and runs quietly with a weak idle. I replaced the lift pump and fuel filter. it didn't fix anything. I cant see any fuel leaking around the IP and I'm not sure how to test the injectors.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Remove the check valve on the top of the injection pump. It is the black fitting with the hose coming off the top of the pump. See if you see particulates of black rubber in the fitting. Break the glass ball in the check valve and see if it runs any better. I think your injection pump has an internal failure. Time to have it re-manufactured. Not sure about white smoke. I don't remember that being a symptom of injection pump failure. Check it out and report back. Good Luck.

FrankenCub

White smoke is a symptom of water in the combustion chamber. The thicker the fog the worse the problem. BTDT Not sure what else would cause white smoke.Not really smoke, but usually reported as.

cucvrus

DSCF2477.jpgDSCF2476.jpgDSCF2475.jpgLike head gaskets that are corroded thru. I hope not. I would get a good cooling system pressure tester and pressure test the cooling system. See if it holds pressure or drops pressure. Good Luck. I am thinking injection pump. But to make sure check everything closely.

FrankenCub

cucvrus beat me to it lol. Was going to edit my post to add..check your cooling system and look for bubbles in the radiator, also check your oil for presence of antifreeze (milky looking oil).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks