• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv m1009

SDF Troop

I just bought an 1986 M1009 out of DRMO at Redstone Arsenal. It belonged to the 128th MP Company og the Alabama NG. The bumpers and grill don't look anything like this one. I'm waiting on my SF 97 so that I can be street legal. This is my first MV. It seems to be in pretty good shape for something that old (it started right up in the DRMO yard).

tankie88

Hi Yorkie,i to own a M1009, down here in Cornwall.My M1009 came from Germany and was with the 4TH Combat Equipment Company in Germersheim.I to can't seem to find out the any more about my M1009 as the VIN plate on the dash is missing and the VIN plate on the door pillar is there but came off a M1008.Of course in the V5 it goes under the VIN on the door pillar.Also tryed scouring the tops of the chassis with a torch and mirror for the VIN.But i can't see one.Would be nice to find out the proper VIN though.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
tankie88, check the driver's side fenderwell in the engine compartment and/or the glovebox door for a label such as in the photo. I not sure you'll find a vin on the frame on these.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
tankie88, besides the door pillar and dashboard, those are the only places i'm aware of. I'll take another look around mine and see if I can find other spots.