• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV name suggestion

nf6x

Feral Engineer
This fun thread has inspired me to think up a name for my M1009. Considering how I "accidentally" won it and its three brothers in some over-zealous GL bidding, I shall name it:

POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

P.S. I thought "wheel chock" was funny; Rumblelina is a fine name; I'll keep some of those Hurt Feeling forms handy in case anybody else wants to call their truck "poor impulse control", too.

:grd:

L1A1

I used to own a Dodge W200 GSA contract truck. It was similar to an M880 save for the 4sp manual transmission. The "E" was missing from "DODGE" on the leading edge of the hood so I removed all of the letters and re-attached three of the original letters spelling "DOG". That name stuck with that rig and it was a good truck.... To date that has been the only MV that I've owned that I've named...
Matt

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wheel chocks (or chocks) are wedges of sturdy material placed behind a vehicle's wheels to prevent accidental movement. Chocks are placed for safety in addition to setting the brakes. The bottom surface is sometimes coated in rubber to enhance grip with the ground. For ease of removal, a rope may be tied to the chock or a set of two chocks. One edge of the wedge has a concave profile to contour to the wheel and increase the force necessary to overrun the chock.

Well you cant place a CUCV behind any other vehicles wheels to prevent movement beside a huge haul truck(guess what a haul truck would crush your puny m819). Most Cucvs are painted on the bottom and are not coated in rubber. Cucvs also do not have a rope tied to them(Oh look your 819 has cables attatched!!) They do not have any concave shapes to them to fit a tire.
So please tell me how are these used for wheel chocks????? Explain your point I am very interested to know why you call the CUCV a wheel chock......I will have better luck fitting you cute little 5 ton under a haul truck tire than you will fitting a CUCV under your 5 ton tire, and any day you want to try let me know!
This is a easy one, first --- the cucv/wc has rubber tires, hence the no skid, second --- back the big truck up over on one side from front to back, now we have a wedge that will fit and allow use as the cucvs intended purpose as a WHEEL CHOCK, third --- a chain is used as the tether, if it is missing, it probably fell off along with the other pieces as it want down the road, either on its own power (very unlikely) or the OP of the BIG truck forgot to undo the tether.

and any day you want to try let me know!, Wow, if this is a offer it will give me great incentive to get the 819 fixed, you know this would be a great HOW TO demo. at the 12SSGAR

Someone else asked why I would need a WHEEL CHOCK if my E brake worked ----
The answer to this I am sure EVERYONE KNOWS is the -10 states that "ALL UNATTEND VEHICLES WILL HAVE WHEEL CHOCKS PLACED TO PREVENT UNINTENDED MOVEMENT"

Last edited:

GM-M1008

This is a easy one, first --- the cucv/wc has rubber tires, hence the no skid, second --- back the big truck up over on one side from front to back, now we have a wedge that will fit and allow use as the cucvs intended purpose as a WHEEL CHOCK, third --- a chain is used as the tether, if it is missing, it probably fell off along with the other pieces os it want down the road, either on its own power (very unlikely) or the OP of the BIG truck forgot to undo the tether.

and any day you want to try let me know!, Wow, if this is a offer it will give me great incentive to get the 819 fixed, you know this would be a great HOW TO demo. at the 12SSGAR

Someone else asked why I would need a WHEEL CHOCK if my E brake worked ----
The answer to this I am sure EVERYKNOWS is the -10 states that "ALL UNATTEND VEHICLES WILL HAVE WHEEL CHOCKS PLACED TO PREVENT UNINTENDED MOVEMENT"
"back the big truck up over on one side from front to back, now we have a wedge that will fit and allow use as the cucvs intended purpose as a WHEEL CHOCK"
Well thats a first! most people get out of there truck and place a wheel chock under the tire, I have yet to see someone drive over a wheel chock to use it. One time I did see a fire truck drive over one it blew an inside dual(he was pulling out and forgot about it).But anyways hey if you wanna use a cucv as a wheel chock go ahead it will be worth more that truck it is being use as a chock for(even tho if it was crushed by a car crush it still wouldn't fit under a truck).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks