• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Passenger Side Mirror Replacement

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the lack of a real passenger side mirror (OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR) has been talked about before but I was never able to find the proper replacement until now. In the pass I called around looking for the wide angle type replacement mirror but had no luck. Well I was in O'Reilly Auto Parts looking for some really small hose clamps when I just asked the guy about the mirror, he said "sure I just stocked some yesterday"! This is after a phone conversations that told me they did not have them on at least two other occasions?
Anyway for those who have not found one O'Reillys has them, the stock number is 1 KSO 90015 for $12.99.IMG_2086.jpg

cucvrus

The mirrors are interchangeable from Right to Left. I buy all the mirrors I see at the YOUPULLIT even on up to 1993 GM trucks the mirror glass fits the CUCV's. Just grind the rivets from the mirror head and heat the back side of the glass. They fall right off. Good find on the mirror glass. It will help others that are not as resourceful.

cpf240

The mirrors are interchangeable from Right to Left. I buy all the mirrors I see at the YOUPULLIT even on up to 1993 GM trucks the mirror glass fits the CUCV's. Just grind the rivets from the mirror head and heat the back side of the glass. They fall right off. Good find on the mirror glass. It will help others that are not as resourceful.
What do you use to stick the mirror back on? My driver's side mirror is loose on the bottom, and so rattles every time I close the door. I expect it to fall off anytime now...

cucvrus

I use Manus sealant adhesive. I use it on everything. It is a type of caulking. First remove the mirror. I would lightly heat the glass with a propane torch. Put a couple wedges of plastic/wood and keep applying heat slowly to the glass and keep the heat moving. The glass will release. carefully clean it up and re-glue/caulk it back on. DO NOT trust the 2 sided tape strips they give you with the mirror replacement glass. It will fail you. Good luck. But while you have the glass out clean up the inside of the mirror head and paint it. These are the first vehicles I ever owned that the mirrors rusted thru.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks