• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Picture Challenge

dependable

Here's one; me & my cucvs definition of a good time is sitting around, here are 3 of the more lazy ones.

1028 sitting in shop, thinks it will get to be worth more if it sits long enough.

1008 ready reserve for work fleet, although one of my kids is eying it.

1008 dump, retired or waiting for cab transplant. Hanging out with a rusted Mercedes 300TD that's about to loose its engine.

OK next challenge, CUCVs decaying, extra points if a tree is growing though it.

Hope I'm not messing up your thread, but it was just sitting there. :wink:

Attachments

dependable

Fair enough, but that truck still has charged batteries and starts with turn of the key. Cab is way gone with rust, up into the door pillars. But I painted frame when I put on duel wheels and dump, and front clip was replaced when I got hit by a taxi running a stop sign, so the truck may live again.

Challenge wise, underwater photos work too, as long as you do not intentionally sink a truck for the purposes of this thread.

Danger Ranger

Put some more pics of the dump in the other pic thread please. While its really only a 1 ton dump in essence, its not something you see everyday with an m1008.

Carry on.

dependable

More CUCV dump pictures, not sure to what other thread you refer.

First 2 are of a M1010 that was converted to duel wheels by a state forestry dept, I bought from GSA as cab & chassis and added dump. Will be put to work after wiring sorted out and paint.

Second 2 are of one with rusted cab in above post. Bought from a refuse district as single wheel cab & chassis and added new springs and spring bumpers and duel axel from a 1970s C-30.

Last one is file photo of a M-1028 that is currently on a job site with chipper. Someone else added stake dump & civy trim. Plate says 1028, but I think was converted by Airforce to duel wheel, not sure if that makes it a 1028 a2.

Attachments

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

CUCVSRK

ok how about this
Open Challenge (runs until completed) - CUCV with 2 females.
Normal Challenge (runs for 48 hrs) - ***CURRENTLY EXPIRED*** Anyone have a new one?
Temp Challenge (runs for 24 hrs) - ***CURRENTLY EXPIRED*** Anyone have a new one?

jgleasonraptor350

Not in the mud but the aftermath of a mud pit at my friends, took me about 2 hours to power wash her off and clean it. Thick clay mud is a PITA to get off after it dries :mrgreen:

blaze.jpg

jgleasonraptor350

Sadly, no women.... I would bring a few along next time I go out and get it dirty but seeing as how its 50 degrees here I dont think any lady friends of mine would want to go out and get dirty but hey, I'll try tomorrow.