• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv price?

AllenEM

i got my M1009 for $400 but it needed batteries and was told it would run but the engine was locked up but I found I M1008 for parts and now have a M1009 with 1 ton axles and a good running engine and have about $1400 in it total so far but I got mine to be a toy. I looking for some bigger tires Around a 34"-35" range. :lol:

bigjmcconnell

Looks like some folks have gotten some nice deals. If you are looking for the M1009 you'll certainly save $$. The M1008s value is driven up by the axle value (like Cheif_919 said) and it seems everyone likes the M1008 for cargo duties.

Around my area, a M1008 ready to jump in and drive seems to go for about $6,000. $3,500 buys one worth fixing. $2,500 is fast approaching a parts truck.

Auction trucks are cheaper, but have unknowns.

WARWAG

I picked mine up for under 3K and had no real issues other than your typical wear items like vent window locks ect. The transmission wasnt shifting correctly but a .10 cent piece of tubing fixed the air leak and she has shifted perfectly since. I am now into my build $4500 or so and she is about as far as I will take her until I swap out the transmission for an Overdrive 700r4. I have a M1028 and 55 with stock size tires is top speed. Thats if I want the engine to last. The M1009 has very tall gearing (3.08) and will cruise at 70 MPH all day long with the stock TH400. It all depends on what you want to do with your CUCV. That will tell you if you want a M1009 (blazer) or the M1008 or M1028 (1-1/4 ton trucks). Good luck and keep us posted.

jpwilson

i can work on trucks. iv had to work on every thing iv ever owned lol. if i had the money i would just get both a m1009 and a m1008. i would prob use the m1008 more tho to haul wood and the lawn mower trailer and camping. but i would also use the m1009 for camping and pullin the lawn mower possibly put some military radios in it.. right now all i can afford is a m1009. im just gonna give it a little more time and save a little more money to see if i run across a 1008 for a decent price or maybe a good 1009. but 55 bieng the top speed of a 1008 is fine with me i dont drive to fast anyway. i will keep you all posted as i keep searching

Barrman

Patience and knowledge.

Save up your money while you look at vehicles local to you, on line and anywhere else you can think of. Spend a few days by opening up the CUCV forum here. Go back to the oldest post listed and read every single thread. It will take a while, but questions to answers you didn't even know you wanted to ask will be found. So will a very good understanding of what to look for in a vehicle.

The longer you patiently look for one, the more likely you are to find just what you want at a reasonable price. Just about for sure that if you throw money at the first one you see, you will end up paying too much.

tnttnt187

I agree with Barrman knowledge is key as with any vehicle know the product. I think 2500-4000 should get you a running truck in good condition. The knowledge part comes in when you look at the truck to understand the systems (ie) electrical ect. Also, to know if bad repairs or mods. have been done. Good luck .[thumbzup]

BTC70

My M1009 didn't have an EUC requirement. The GL rep told me their policy was changing for CUCVs, so you may not have to wait...check the specific auction to see. It may still vary by location. :roll:
My 1028 didn't have the EUC requirement either. The person I talked to said that it depends on how they have been coded by the government when they receive them.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JPW,

You know, I'm GLAD I finally got both the M1009 and the M1028A2. LOVE both trucks and they both have specific duties in my motor pool.

So start with the 09 and keep an eye out and you WILL own both. Probably for way less than $10k.

there are deals to be found, but usually you will find them when your not looking. thats how i got my M1010... we were looking to get a deuce, throw a U-Haul box on it, and build a camper... than i stumbled across the M1010 on craigslist, and bought it 2-3mos after ad had expired... it had 11,200 orig. miles, virtually no rust, and everything intact. was in process of being converted to a S.W.A.T. truck(they had already installed a gunlocker!!) by a small Pa. town, and they realized it was too slow in the mountain roads there... i paid $1600 out the door... but mine is a rare case, and one of the few times the Man upstairs cut me a break... the harder you look for a deal, the less likely you'll find one like that, i believe... patience is the best advice i can give... good things come to those that wait...[thumbzup]