• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV rear cylinder head coolant temp port

cucvrus

I am going to take this piece over to my friend at the machine shop and see if he can duplicate it. I will get 10 made and see what price he comes up with. Let me know if that is something anyone here would want. The direct drive starter support brackets he made are very popular and working nicely for a few members.
001.jpg. These are useful for installing a water temperature gauge sending unit. Happy Holidays to all members.

MarcusOReallyus

Good stuff, 'rus. I'm interested in getting one. I want to put a temp gauge in mine. I'm not even going to spend any time on "thought and self-evaluation" over it! :mrgreen:

AECS

How much and when do they ship? I need to have it soon or I will have to drill and tap the cross over as I am moving cross country 9 Jan.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys, please send PMs saying you want one. This is not a classified ad (yet).

Since this is a discontinued item from GM, it is a great idea to make some. I would also make a few that are solid.

cucvrus

OK this may be the end of this thread. I dropped off the piece at the machine shop. He said $30+. I am thinking like $35. + $2. shipping. I did not give the go ahead. I will await the replies. It is custom work and I figured it was a good price if that is what route you want to go for a temperature gauge. Please advise. Yea or Nay.

ammuscle

I don't know if this will be allowed but i'm just trying to help out fellow cucv'ers. they do have them on ebay for about 15.00 shipped.

cucvrus

OK then I take it as Nay. No problem. I don't need any myself. I was trying to help out and drum up some business at the same time. I will not have them made. I never saw them on Ebay. That is fine. Thank you.
I went and looked again on Ebay. Do you have the listing # for other members?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC, We determined that the gauge wire harness is not the same as the light harness.

Also, I think we determined that the cucv gauge flex circuit is not the same either.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I picked up the threaded flange on Ebay. Does anybody know a source for the gasket?

Thanks in advance for your help.

scottladdy